MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accurate 4064, 2495, 4350 recall (Nov 2019, powders made before 10/01/2016)

Boolit Man

Accurate 4064, 2495, 4350 recall (Nov 2019, powders made before 10/01/2016)

Accurate 4064, 2495, 4350 recall (Nov 2019, powders made before 10/01/2016)
    Saw this on another Gun Board

http://blog.westernpowders.com/2019/...recall-notice/

ACCURATE POWDERS RECALL NOTICE
    November 18, 2019

General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems Canada Valleyfield, Inc (GD-OTS), has determined a potential defect relating to certain lots of Accurate 2495, 4064 and 4350 propellants manufactured for Western Powders Inc. prior to October 1, 2016 and packaged under the Accurate brand name in 1 lb and 8 lb. canisters, may be defective. The use or storage of this product may result in combustion, fire damage and/or possible serious injury or property damage. Some signs of degradation include, but are not limited to, container lid deformation, discoloration of the containers in the lid area, presence of red fumes when the container lid is opened, or the presence of a strong acidic odor.

GD-OTS and Western Powders Inc. are recalling the following powders packaged under the Accurate brand in 1 lb. and 8 lb. containers.

The Lot Number is located either in a box on the back of the label or as a sticker on the bottom of the container.

What You Should Do

1) Immediately fill the container with water which will render the product inert and safe for disposal.
    2) Notify Western Powders Inc. at 406-234-0422, or customerservice@westernpowders.com.
    We will provide you with a instructions to photograph the bottle showing the lot number and provide refund information.
    3) DO NOT load ammunition with affected powder.

NOTE: This recall does not extend to loaded ammunition. Performance of ammunition with propellant showing no signs of degradation will not be altered provided recommended storage conditions are followed. It is recommended that loaded ammunition be checked regularly for deterioration.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but safety is our first concern. Contact us at 406-234-0422 if you have any questions regarding this recall.

DD-thanks for posting. I contacted Western Powders and they could not have been nicer to deal with. I had two canisters of AA4350 they will refund. (Be prepared to take and send pictures to them from your phone or Ipad for verification.)

Banned
    DD Welcome to posting on CB
    Here's the screenshot

Boolit Grand Master

DD- thanks for posting this on here. Just got off the phone with Rob, very pleasant to deal with, just take a picture of the lot number and email to him, refund on the way.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Grand Master

This was an unopened pound from early on Obama's reign(2010), slightly swelled and when I pulled the foam seal a VERY - VERY strong odor of BLEACH. I can smell it from 20 feet away so should be easy enough for anyone to tell. I had forgotten this was even in the cabinet!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

I sent my stuff in for 7 pounds of AA2495 Nov 22, 2019. No symptoms of degradation. Smell test..good. Eye test....good.

We will see what happens.

$35.00/pound!

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Man
    Glad information was useful

Boolit Grand Master

Now this a revolting development...... AA4350 is my "go to" powder for HV cast loads in my 308Ws and the 30x60 XCB....... ..... I have 24 pounds of it and it's all in the recall.....
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    Well, Larry, you'll be getting $35/pound for it. Partial containers, count as full. Last week, I received refund on two 4064 and one 2495 container. My eight pound jug of 4350 was not in the recall. I had dated it...... it was purchased in December 1999.

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master

Guess I'll just have to purchase new AA4350.........
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Buddy
    I had one 8 pounder of the 4350 that is on the recall list. I had loaded a grand total of 40 rounds of 30-06 out of the jug a couple years back. I checked the powder, didn't smell quite right, not really strong funky just not what I remembered it smelling like. I got the pictures sent to Western Powder and received a call yesterday confirming my lot was on the list. Broke my heart while I fertilized the yard with it.

Boolit Grand Master

I got sorta lucky.....called and found my 16 lbs in one lb cans are Czech made powder so it's still good to use......however my 8 lb jug was on the recall list......going to get $225 for it but I'd of rather kept the AA4350 to use......
    Larry Gibson

― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Buddy
    Well I wonder if a person could tell before buying where the powder was made. Maybe in the bar code?

USMC 77, USRA 79

ahhhhhhh Nooooooo... darn it all... i have a big one of 2495 and 2 1lb'er within the lot number range as well!!!!

i sure dont wanna give it up.. costs a couple hundred bucks just to ship here as it has to come on a boat dang it all... cost of the powder, then shipping and hazmat to a freight foreward company in seattle, then another hazmat and spendy shipping charge, then the float plane charge.. sheesh!!!! Cost me a bit over 300 bucks on top of powder cost to get 2 4lb jugs of alliant steel last summer..

that sucks... I will call tomorrow..
    Last edited by Markopolo; 12-05-2019 at 08:28 PM.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

I want to keep track of this
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cupajoe View Post
    Well I wonder if a person could tell before buying where the powder was made. Maybe in the bar code?
    It's plainly listed on the container. My eight pound jug, states it was made in Czechoslovakia. The 4064 and the 2495, in Canada.

Winelover

Boolit Buddy
    Of the six 8 pound containers I have on hand, one jug of 3100 states" Made In Israel". The other 5 containers of various powders show nothing about where they are made. Of the six one pounders I have the 2 newest containers show "Made In Canada". Nothing at all on the other 4. Maybe all the newer containers show where they are made.

Boolit Grand Master

My 3100 does not say where it is made just McEwen, Tennessee, a ball powder named MagPro( I think this stuff is 785 Win ) says made in the USA, and the 4350 I dumped said Canada.

the 5744 says made in Canada
    Last edited by swheeler; 12-06-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Grand Master

When I called they asked about the lot number (looks like and old price sticker. It's on the bottom of the jug or can) and determined my 1 pounders were Czech made. Seems the Czech made has a - in the lot number.
    Larry Gibson

― Nikola Tesla

Moderator Emeritus

My Chech made also has the old lot number on the bottom of the container.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast