WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power coat flaking

Boolit Mold
    Too many of us have had very good success with the HF Red to write it off as junk. I keep my oven at 390F to 400F and run them a full 20 minutes at a minimum. NO problems, great adhesion and performance. I believe in a running a full cure to completion. I've suspected issues with smokeless powder sticking/reacting with the coating on the bullet base may be due to an incomplete cure.

Boolit Master
    It seems to be more of a problem with the double base powders like titegroup. I don't know if it causes any problems or not as far as shooting.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rubinschmidt View Post
    Too many of us have had very good success with the HF Red to write it off as junk. I keep my oven at 390F to 400F and run them a full 20 minutes at a minimum. NO problems, great adhesion and performance. I believe in a running a full cure to completion. I've suspected issues with smokeless powder sticking/reacting with the coating on the bullet base may be due to an incomplete cure.
    All yous guys must have stocked up your pantries with HF Red when they sold it. HF hasn't sold red in a year now as far as I know, I've been looking for it, it isn't even on their website. HF only carries white or black now, and IMHO, neither are worth having on your shelf.

Boolit Mold
    Yeah, I've just opened my last container of HF Red. I used to use those 20% and 30% off coupons to pick more up when I drove by the store. I haven't seen any red for a while now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12