Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: 1022 take down for the ATV and truck

1022 take down for the ATV and truck

When Ruger came out with the 1022 take down I wanted one, but I wanted one with a threaded barrel and the only one's I could find around here did not have a threaded barrel and where going for $425.00 to $550.00. picked this one up for 300 with the case, two 50 round mags that I don't think I will be using. all I wanted was a 10 round mag or maybe 20. so I ordered a 10 round yesterday. tried it out with my suppressor and CCI subsonic rounds, very quiet. do any of you guys have one of these and what do you think of them?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1203191644.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	252341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1203191644a.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	252343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1203191650.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	252344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1203191725_HDR.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	252345

I keep one in the truck. Very handy and it shoots pretty good. Not ammo picky. I use a trumpet soft case for it as it is more compact than the Ruger bag. I'm not fond of the 50 round mags either.

Thanks any info is appreciated.

Boolit Master

My wife would love the 50 round mags as long as I did the loading. She likes to shoot, not load mags.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am not a fan of the 50 rd mags either. Might have some use for rabbit hunting but you would think 10 shots are going to be plenty.

I have two 10/22's but never had an itch for the takedown model. I do not backpack so even if I had one, I would likely keep it assembled anyway. Good luck with it. Give us a range report when you get a chance to shoot it.
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus

I have two of those takedowns. One for my son and I. Haven't shot them in a few years. They were accurate and returned to zero with no problem. Never thought of using a 50 round magazine. Must be awkward. Good luck with it.

Ron

Boolit Master
    I have one,like it very much.

I like the bag,you can ride bicycle or motorbike to the range without screaming "GUN!" all over the place. Then with a suporessor, practise is quiet.

I have all the big mags,tested function but I only use the ten.

Mine is scoped,I'm still surprised how it holds zero with a scope. But it does.

Boolit Master
    Take-down's are advantageous for transportation and pretty much, nothing else. I own a Model 12 shotgun and 99% of the time it's assembled. Firearms need to be in the ready condition, to be effective.

I own two 22 rifles/carbines...............Ruger 10-22(Manlicher) and a Winchester 9422. Have a couple of the 25 round extended mags for the Ruger. Other than the initial tryout for function............I dislike them. The tend to get in the way of handling. YMMV.

Winelover