Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Feelings hurt about my "New" Rem 783 HBT 24" 6.5 Creedmoor

Boolit Bub

Feelings hurt about my "New" Rem 783 HBT 24" 6.5 Creedmoor

Getting your feelings hurt actually go way back as a conservative term before be8ng hijacked by the LEFT for balony reasons. For an old salt conservative like me it meant loosing a huge pot with a great poker hand, getting a dear john letter at sea, your dog dieing, getting laid off work, or in this case sold an online new rifle only to discover on Vance inspection (can't be done during transfer) that you were sold a demo rifle that has been used and altered internally. Confirmed when you lay out the facts to the online vendore only to recieve no comment. The only time you'll get an argument is when your subjective and unsure. The classic answer is usually that they have no control over factory test firing or you should have done an inspection at pickup. Which of course doesent explain bore erosion wear, trigger reset beyond factory, and a soiled barrel way beyond factory test firing or confirmation from the factory that the gun was previously owned....
    ANYWAY it's partly if not mostly my own fault as this is the 3rd out of 7 good buys from different online dealers. One pistol was so bad the factory had mercy on my and replaced the barrel liner and installed new adjustable sights that had stripped threads. So shame on me +, and no more purchases new or used except in the flesh bore light and gauges in hand. Anyone else been sold used for new blinded by the inheirant inability to inspect at the source. Inspections at the transfer is very limited and 20% restock plus shipping fee 2nd prize for the source.

Boolit Master
    Buying a gun online sight-unseen except for photographs is the same as the newest advertisements I have seen on TV of people buying cars online by looking at photographs of it. What percentage of them do you expect to be "perfect"? Or even as described. I wouldn't do either. I want to inspect my guns in person. And I want to drive my cars before purchase.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I don’t buy guns online as I’ve been stung too many times. The rock “bottom smoking internet deals” imo are ones that are flawed, seconds, scratched, etc., that would not get purchased in a face to face transaction. The last gun I bought was a limited run Remington 7600 carbine 35 whelen from Gryces gun shop. It came with the stock manufactured probably a quarter inch bigger in diameter than the receiver and overlapping it. Also the tube that the pump slides up and down had a a couple of 5 inch scratches to bare metal on both sides of it. Somebody apparently had been pumping it. Instead of wasting my time with Gryces gun shop I called Remington and they sent me a new stock set and a new tube. I still can’t get the tube off and will probably have to pay to get a gunsmith to do it to get it replaced. There’s no way anyone would’ve bought that gun looking at it the way it was. My FFL holder asked me if I wanted to leave it there and he would send it back for me because he thought it was ridiculous. I just told Him I’d call Remington as I’m sure they would take care of me which they did.