RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersADvertise here

Thread: Wolf Primers

Wolf Primers

I had a friend who gave me some wolf primers. I really liked them in my 7.62X39. They seemed to me to help accuracy. I have looked all over and can't find any. Anyone have a website that sells these?

ACC

Boolit Master

Grafs and powder valley used to sell them. I just checked and neither of the sites have them listed. I'm stumped. Maybe gunbroker?

Boolit Master
    They are made in Russia and covered by the embargo slapped on several years back.
    jim

Boolit Master

How many are you looking for? Large rifle or small rifle? PM sent.

Boolit Buddy
    Wolf is a marketing company. They really don't make things as far as I understand. Wolf primers have been available since the embargo at good prices. Bought them through https://ammunitionstore.com/categori...g/primers.html . They currently have limited stock.

Boolit Master

I have gotten Wolf large and small pistol primers from Ammunitionstore also and give them thumbs up, however I live close enough to pick them up in person. They are not a walk in store per say but a warehouse that ships and allows pick ups at their office.

Boolit Grand Master

Per conversation with DAG ammo.com

a. Company that makes the primers for Tula is caught up on
    the sanctions by Obama on Russia. Tula ammo is not
    effected, that company is not making weapons in Russia and
    is not banned / effected by sanctions.

b. Tula won't be getting any primers in till sanctions are lifted.

c. When Berdan primers in stock are gone, they are gone, same for boxer primers : they
    are all in the Russian sanctions and banned .

d. Supply of Berdan primers has been problematic the last 10 yrs, and until Tula imported them,
    there were none to be had in USA.

e. If you need .217 size Berdan primers, light a fire and find some Tula Berdan primers. Dag had them but I don't know how deep their supply is / is not. There are other vendors who have Tula primers if you search around and their supply will dry up as well.

Since Wolf and Tula get boxer primers from same company in Russia , you can expect Wolf primers to dry up on the market as well.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Boolit Grand Master Texas by God's Avatar
    I noticed that current Wolf ammo is of Ukrainian manufacture. Is that because of sanctions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I bought both wolf and tula , and the price was fantastic , and I have been pleased with them , but the price on them now is not as attractive as it used to be . So I have bought cci and winchester again , wish they were as plentiful as they used to be and priced like they were .

Boolit Buddy
    I've still got 4 or 5 bricks of the Tula and Wolf small rifle primers and some of the large rifle magnum primers. Really like them in the 223, some of my most accurate ammo has been with these primers.

Make sure you don't get any of the lead free primers! I've got 4900+ to go cause they won't even light powders that burn about Blue Dot speed without a delay! Sometimes a delay, sometimes not, sometimes no bang at all!
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson