Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2ADvertise here
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Knives.

Boolit Grand Master

some may laugh at me but the knife I actually carry on me lately is one of these https://www.lowes.com/pd/Outdoor-Edg...8EVw&gclsrc=ds Allways sharp and I carry a couple extra blades in the glove box of the jeep and pickup in case its ever needed. Ive gutted 3 deer in one night with the same blade and it still did great. Obviously razor sharp and a wicked self defense knife and it doesn't cost a 100 bucks. Don't get me wrong I still love a good knife but these are handy for most work and ive screwed up and snapped the blades off a few expensive knives in my life and these things are throw aways.
    Soldier of God, sixgun junky, Retired electrical lineman. My office was a 100 feet in the air, closer to God the better

Boolit Master
    i have a huge pile of knives, and use them... everything from my Marine Kbars, kershaws, case's and so forth.. but my go to knives are the ones Charles Allen gave me about 15 years ago. he owns Knives of Alaska, and gave me one set of the Butcher kit, a twin pair of filet knives, and some others.... i guided him and his wife fishing many times we caught tons of silvers and reds. he owns a lodge not too far out of Cordova. i havent heard from him in years, but his butcher kit has a permanant place in my BackPack...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	554-E45-C7-932-A-476-D-B8-BE-79720-A5928-CC.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	252786

i would take an actual picture but its 5am, and my pack is out in the suv, and its nasty outside.... and I aint dressed..
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

I just found a relatively less expensive (40% cheaper than any other I've seen F/S) 1970's NIB Bench Mark Rolox knife, complete with box/papers/sheath.

It's a slider, and not a folder - I think it's gonna be my new EDC

Experience is a wonderful thing - It lets you recognize a mistake, when you make it again.

Boolit Master

Talking Knives? I doan' need no steenkin' knives!

I have a friend, and he wanted to come by and show me his knife collection, one day. He came up the driveway in the rain, carrying a box...about a foot square, that looked HEAVY! It was stuffed full with an accumulation of unique knives that he had collected over the years. I made the appropriate comments, and then showed him my modest collection, and his early comment was "you have GOOD stuff!"

I was flattered, but all of my knives are definitely not high ticket. For folders, I have a CRKT MIRAGE. I couldn't believe they made a knife of that quality for what it sold for. Discontinued...probably because it was too expensive to make. I have a Kershaw OSO, and a RAT II, but, I generally carry my Swiss Army Knife Super Tinker. (I have a couple more SAKS, somewhere) I also have an old Schrade Sharpfinger drop point without guthook awaiting refurbishment...one of these days...
    Any or all of them are better than the switchblade knife I carried in my teens. Got it from a policeman Uncle, but it kept coming open in my pocket, which ended that quickly.

My "best" knife is a little Browning 3" Drop point, bought about 40 years ago, and my next is a Buck Vanguard, which I bought with the proceeds from selling a custom knife to my daughter as a wedding present for her husband. (Hey, I was paying for the wedding!)He and I both still have and use them, and it has been 20 years or so. My wife bought me a Schrade Golden Spike for Christmas just before they sold the business. I'll never sell any of them. Oh, I have a Mora somewhere, too!

Some of the ChiCom knives look intriguing, and as said, some have great reviews, and they are cheap!

My regrets: O yes, there are a couple... that I didn't buy the Gerber FS II D knife that I could have bought for $25 years ago. And...when I was in college, I was all set to buy a Randall Hunter, and a roommate said; "60 DOLLARS!...I'd never spend $60 on a KNIFE! Seeing as how I could eat for about $30/month back then, I listened to "reason", and have been kicking myself ever since! Ah, well; Such is Life!
    IT IS A FINE AND PLEASANT MADNESS !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    some may laugh at me but the knife I actually carry on me lately is one of these https://www.lowes.com/pd/Outdoor-Edg...8EVw&gclsrc=ds Allways sharp and I carry a couple extra blades in the glove box of the jeep and pickup in case its ever needed. Ive gutted 3 deer in one night with the same blade and it still did great. Obviously razor sharp and a wicked self defense knife and it doesn't cost a 100 bucks. Don't get me wrong I still love a good knife but these are handy for most work and ive screwed up and snapped the blades off a few expensive knives in my life and these things are throw aways.
    That's one that goes into the mountains with me. Pretty useful knife in general.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Pietro, I've been researching that Sharp knife. Been looking on ebay for them. Been wanting one bad. Its got the right look to my eye. You gave it to me bad.

Here is some info I found about Hattori. Lots of familiar models made by him. That model, is the H109

http://hattoricollector.com/
    Last edited by Bazoo; Today at 01:07 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345