Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Rhineland 45acp ejector problem

Rhineland 45acp ejector problem

Was ready to install the ejector that came with the kit ,but there is no way it would work on my mexican small ring action. I wold need to grind down the thumb groove to even get close to it fitting. Has anyone else had this problem?
    I have heard you can use a arisaka 99 ejector is this a fix?

Boolit Master
    I use an Arisaka type 99 ejector box on small ring Mausers that I convert to either 7.62x39 or 45acp. It is NOT a direct install, and requires some gunsmithing. The Rhineland ejector is just terrible. The Arisaka ejector is better looking, and works better. To get the Arisaka ejector/bolt stop box to fit will require you to contour the side of the box that faces the receiver. If you screw up a part, then you can always buy another part, but if you screw up a receiver, then you have a problem! Always try to do the modifications to the parts to make them fit, not the receiver. One area where you will have to change on the receiver is to lengthen the slot for the ejector blade. An abrasive cut-off disc on a Dremel tool works good for this, (but work slow because you can remove metal easily, but putting it back on is a lot harder). The ejector blade will need to be thinned a little to fit the slot in the Mauser bolt lug. The tip of the ejector needs to be sharpened up to a point, or the empty case will just ride over the ejector blade. Also, the Arisaka ejector box is larger than a Mauser, so the stock will need to be relieved a little to accommodate the new box. I did a write up on these modifications on a gunsmithing forum a couple of years ago. Send me a PM with an email address. I'll copy those posts into Word or Adobe and send them to you. (It's a members only gunsmithing forum, otherwise I'd just give you a link to that build)

Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    I use an Arisaka type 99 ejector box on small ring Mausers that I convert to either 7.62x39 or 45acp. It is NOT a direct install, and requires some gunsmithing. The Rhineland ejector is just terrible. The Arisaka ejector is better looking, and works better. To get the Arisaka ejector/bolt stop box to fit will require you to contour the side of the box that faces the receiver. If you screw up a part, then you can always buy another part, but if you screw up a receiver, then you have a problem! Always try to do the modifications to the parts to make them fit, not the receiver. One area where you will have to change on the receiver is to lengthen the slot for the ejector blade. An abrasive cut-off disc on a Dremel tool works good for this, (but work slow because you can remove metal easily, but putting it back on is a lot harder). The ejector blade will need to be thinned a little to fit the slot in the Mauser bolt lug. The tip of the ejector needs to be sharpened up to a point, or the empty case will just ride over the ejector blade. Also, the Arisaka ejector box is larger than a Mauser, so the stock will need to be relieved a little to accommodate the new box. I did a write up on these modifications on a gunsmithing forum a couple of years ago. Send me a PM with an email address. I'll copy those posts into Word or Adobe and send them to you. (It's a members only gunsmithing forum, otherwise I'd just give you a link to that build)
    Thanks. Sending you a PM.