Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: New CB rifle found hiding in my safe!

Boolit Buddy

New CB rifle found hiding in my safe!

Recently I have been playing with cast in several 25 cal. rifles, to include 25-20, and 2 25-35 AI's. Then I remembered a Ruger 250 Savage AI in the back of the safe that had not been fired in 10 years or so. On paper, not the best candidate for a CB rifle, short neck, too much powder capacity, etc. But I put together a set of loads using the molds I have (Lyman 257418, 257312 and 257420) Surprise! with 10.0 Gr of Unique, groups are hovering around 1/2 to 5/8 inch at 50 yards. For a light weight sporter with a 3x9 scope I am quite pleased. All but the 257420 are seated well below the bottom of the case neck, but it does not seem to matter. More experiments with different charges and powders such as SR4759 and AA5744 are in order. Got a new mold, the RCBS 25-85, a plain base to add to the fun.

Boolit Master

I love it when we go looking for another project or we need to buy some gear or components and find we wisely already purchased them and stashed them away for just such an eventuality! Sounds like a wonderful rifle and your results speak for themselves! Some fine tuning and I think you’ll have the ultimate low recoil walking around deer/varmint rifle.

NorthMoccasin: Don't worry to much about the case capacity, just use a powder that is appropriate. My 25-06 is VERY accurate shooting the Noe 258-120-FN over IMR4227 13 to 17gr. best around 16gr. Gp