Thread: A Tumbleweed Christmas needs a Christmas gift 2019

Boolit Master

A Tumbleweed Christmas needs a Christmas gift 2019

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tumbleweed.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	252162

I got this Christmas card from my parents several years ago. I really like it and I saved it. This poor cowboy is working on trimming a tumbleweed to look like a Christmas tree, He even has the paint ready to paint it green.

I suspect there aren't going to be many gifts under his Christmas tree.

I suspect some of our newer members are going to have a Christmas like my cowboy's Christmas.

Some of our newer members need to start casting to afford ammo, but can't afford the basics to cast with. Or to load with!

So here is a little Merry Christmas help for a fairly new member:

To be eligible for this Christmas gift you must have joined CastBoolits between 12/26/2018 and 11/29/2019. In past years I have granted waivers. You can request a waiver with a PM.

It is after Thanksgiving, and as usual I still haven't decided what to give as a gift.

To apply for this post a short post of why you need help with gifts under your Christmas tree. Then send me a PM titled "Christmas gift" with a more detailed description of why you need assistance, what reloading experience and reloading tools you have, and what casting experience and casting tools you have. Include your name, mailing address, and telephone number in the PM, but not in the post.

I will likely have members pledge to help me with this. More are welcome to join in. To join in, please PM me on how you would like to help and please do not post in this thread unless you are eligible for the Christmas gift and requesting the Christmas gift.

I have been called BrassyClause. Last year, BrassyClause had more than 20 Helpers! In previous years, I have been able to use Titan Reloading to help fill my gift bag. I am now retired, so my budget for new items is nonexistant this year. I have really enjoyed all of the assistance my Helpers have provided and I am really looking forward to their enthusiastic and generous assistance this year. Helpers can remain anonymous. Please PM me for details on how I manage this.

BrassMagnet

Boolit Master

CowboyDan posted these in Tumbleweed Christmas back in 2014. I think you can find that thread on page 17 of the Helping Hands. Please don't post in that old thread and bring it to the front page. That will just confuse people!

'Twas a week before Christmas
    and in the reloading room,
    not a sound was to be heard
    ere the crash and the boom.

I jumped from my seat
    and thought, "My homebrew's exploded!"
    The floor was dry near the
    door, so my fears eroded.

And what I saw there
    gave me such a start.
    A man dressed in red
    with a golden heart.

And all 'round his belt
    empty cartridges hung,
    so that each time he stepped,
    each one of them rung.

Then Brassy Clause said,
    "You have been a good boy,
    so I and the elves thought,
    'Let's get him a new toy.' "

I looked at my bench
    and what did I see?
    A new Lyman mold
    was waiting for me.

But that was not all,
    for he opened his pack
    and then the gifts
    began to stack.

Brass and sizing dies
    And goodies to boot
    were all laid out by
    The man in the red suit.

Then I gave him a homebrew
    and as I said "adieu,"
    He said "Merry Christmas
    e'ryone, from me to you."

Thank You to everyone who made the following pile possible:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CowboyDan_photo.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	252163

Boolit Grand Master

I'm in again, Ron.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Yeeee Hawww, I am in also
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy

count me in.

Boolit Master
    Once more unto the breech,,,,,,,,,,,,, I am in.

Boolit Master

Count me in

Boolit Master
    Brassy Clause count me in on your needs , If I have it extra it's yours tdoor4570

Boolit Master
    this site has the greatest bunch of people in the world!!! bar none!!

I an VERY new to reloading and this group (joined 11/24/2019).

I've got a buddy who's been teaching me and mentoring me for the past 3 months using his equipment at his house. He intends to start showing me casting bullets this spring/summer when we can work outside. Due to a lack of funds (wife's health due to cancer) I haven't been able to get any equipment of my own.

Boolit Master

Andyt591 is our first qualified recipient.
    We do have room for more!
    Don't be shy.

Very new to forum. Very new as in today! This is first post. Be gentle!

I would like to be a candidate for the Tumbleweed gift(s). I have reloaded (self taught with lots of research) for couple years. I built a nice bench a few years ago, but it is pretty empty. ��
    Still trying to gain knowledge and parts to build a reloading system. I do have access (not mine) to a Rock Chucker RCBS single stage press and a few dies. So far I have really enjoyed it.
    The past three years I have taken off work to care for my mother. She recently passed from Alzheimer’s. May God never allow you to experience what I have. I was fortunate enough to be able to stay with and care for her-along with other help. We managed to not have to put her in a nursing home. Although I wish the disease never came to existence, I would not change the care my mother received during her hard times for the world.
    As a result of being unemployed for so long, I have $2.75 in the bank. I am great-full the amount is positive and not negative! Any gifts I would receive in the way of reloading, would allow me to “make” gifts I could give to others who enjoy the outdoors.

Thank you.
    Taz

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tazlaw View Post
    I would like to be a candidate for the Tumbleweed gift(s). I have reloaded (self taught with lots of research) for couple years. I built a nice bench a few years ago, but it is pretty empty. ��
    Still trying to gain knowledge and parts to build a reloading system. I do have access (not mine) to a Rock Chucker RCBS single stage press and a few dies. So far I have really enjoyed it.
    The past three years I have taken off work to care for my mother. She recently passed from Alzheimer’s. May God never allow you to experience what I have. I was fortunate enough to be able to stay with and care for her-along with other help. We managed to not have to put her in a nursing home. Although I wish the disease never came to existence, I would not change the care my mother received during her hard times for the world.
    As a result of being unemployed for so long, I have $2.75 in the bank. I am great-full the amount is positive and not negative! Any gifts I would receive in the way of reloading, would allow me to “make” gifts I could give to others who enjoy the outdoors.

Thank you.
    Taz
    Tazlaw has a waiver.
    Now we have two candidates!
    Congratulations to Andyt591 and Tazlaw!

Boolit Master

Closed. We have a lot fewer Helpers this year than last. We have room for more helpers!
    I will start working on sending info to the helpers.
    There is still room to jump in here as a helper or as a recipient. Just PM me.

Boolit Master

This year we have Brassy Clause and thirteen helpers checking their lists and checking them twice.

There is just something wrong with thirteen helpers. Such an unlucky number for Christmas time. I sure liked twenty-one helpers last year a lot better.

Fourteen would sure be better than thirteen. More would be even better. There is still time. Tumbleweed Christmas trees look so forlorn and usually don't get decorated with all of their gifts until after New Years Day.

Boolit Buddy
    Count me in as an elf. PM in-bound.

Boolit Master

I can be lucky 14! I can help with brass, just tell me what caliber and I probably have it.

I can possibly help, let me know what is needed and I'll look through the boxes of stuff. Pm me Ron with what you need yet.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master
    I will contact both gentlemen and send goodies to each. I have already sent a pm to Brassy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast