WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Grandson did it.

Boolit Master

Grandson did it. Picture added

Well he is my granddaughters husband but I consider him mine, went down the road from his place and got a deer this morning. I will know the details this afternoon as we are to have Thanksgiving dinner with them.
    Family is everything!here is a picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4478.jpg  
    Last edited by Freightman; 11-28-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master

waiting for the rest of the story

Boolit Buddy
    Congratulation to that young man. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Don't forget to include make and caliber/gauge!

Isaac

Boolit Master
    He used a Savage AXES 308 with Hornady bullets Said he wasn't but 25 yds away. He was hunting on foot and didn't go until the sun came up and no cammo. Just the old fashion way. The deer was a Mule Deer aprox. 160-175# five point. This place is 100 yds outside the city limit sign it is my daughter in law land his MIL. He is a little boy 6'7" and a lot of help to his old beat up grandfather in law Me.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    In past years I heard that hunting on Thanksgiving day was a solid tradition for many people. Perhaps it still is just that. Several years ago I stayed at the hunting camp (about 4 hours from my home) on Thanksgiving day to hunt (usually went home for the holiday with family). On that day I heard much more shooting than the days before and after Thanksgiving. Most of that day's shots were a single shot, occasionally a follow-up single round, which suggested hunting rather than target popping. That made quite an impression that I reflect on frequently. If the hunt camp happened to be closer I would be in the woods too, then back home for the family gathering.

Boolit Grand Master

Congrats. I've found my Savage Axis 308 to be a great rifle. Nothing like hunting on Thanksgiving. I still don't spend several hundred bucks on the latest camo, carbon lined stuff. Old Johnson wool jacket and wool pants if it's cold enough.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum