RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners

Thread: Thankfulness

Thankfulness

Yesterday two of our grandchildren were playing in the living room, whey they both decided to covet the same toy, causing noise and disarray. My stepson and his family, who live with us for a while, were getting ready to travel to New York to visit the in-laws, which occupied much of the household activity during the day. Last night my six year-old granddaughter woke up at 3 am with a stuffy nose which propelled her into a crying fit that lasted until about 3:30 am. And for all this, I am thankful.

I am thankful that we have family close by, and we are able to help them. I am grateful that my granddaughter still wants me to snuggle with her at bedtime. I am grateful that we have these moments to work things out as a family, and to grow together. Families that have never had a problem are poor indeed, and I am glad that we are not one of those families.

Oh, and our good friends did not defrost their turkey in time, so I put ours in the oven this morning, so that we can take it to them, and all have a true thanksgiving together. God is good.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Moderator Emeritus

Wayne, A great post and I dont know one family that does not have problems....but when it gets tough I love the way most pull together to solve the problem. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Thanks, Paul.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

I agree Wayne, We should truly be thankful in "all" situations.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good post Wayne . We can dwell on the negative or be thankful of all given . We are blessed .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master

Oh my yes! Had two sets of grandparents, a big (adult) brother, most of two couples, and five of seven grandchildren in the house yesterday. (two of them sick and stayed home with momma) Oldest grand child is seven, down to 18mo of the ones here. I am grateful that grandparents get along famously. That cousins get to play with and know one another. That creativity still reigns in children's minds. That they are learning to share and not be selfish. And that we are all good cooks!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!