RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed carry permits

Boolit Master
    Keep the permit, too many reasons not to do so. Frank

Boolit Master

Personally I like having the CPL even if Michigan were to go Constitutional carry I would keep mine up as extra I.D.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    In Montana it makes it so they don't have to call in to NICS for a background check before a purchase. You still need to do the 4733.
    Same for Arkansas; to me that makes it worthwhile, along with reciprocal coverage in Mississippi and Tennessee (unless its been changed).

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    I kept mine even though Ky went constitutional carry. Reason was 3 fold. First, for travel if needed. Second, sorta a friendly headsup to Leos that I'm law abiding. I figure they are less likely to hassle me about carrying this way. Third, they might change the law back, to whit, I don't want to take the class again.
    Do you think they might change the law back now that Andy Beshear was elected?

Boolit Grand Master

I keep mine up to date for the reciprocity when I travel.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Wyoming has 'Constitional Carry', but Reciprocity for travel is important to me, since Nebraska is very close, also the pass on background check when purchasing a firearm makes a difference.

Boolit Master
    Chef Ten Bears,
    I would not put anything pass Andy Beshear.

Boolit Master

New Mexico CCW requires NICS check, FBI fingerprint check, mental health check, shooting qualifications, classroom instruction, and a written test. Even so the NM government refuses to request a NICS exemption for CCW licensees and the Bloomberg bought crooked dem Governor even requires another NICS check for CCW holders for private sales. I wish the residents would wake up and see lies the dems have been telling for decades and vote them out.

Boolit Master

I just escaped New Mexico for the land of freedom. CHL in hand.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
    Do you think they might change the law back now that Andy Beshear was elected?
    Personally I think they will. I've not talked to any cops that agree with constitutional carry, nor does the folks at the local gun store. The FOP was complaining about it on the news when it passed. I don't see much support for it other than the few people I'm friends with that are pro gun, and not all of those.

Ky went back democrat on the governor cause Bevin was too prickly to the sissies. I think Trump will be out because of the same. I think Beshear knows he won because folks couldn't stand Bevin. I expect him to not do anything rash, at least at first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12