RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How's the weather at YOUR house?

Boolit Master

The Winter I was born was the coldest on record for my hometown. Never seen it close to being that cold since.

https://judge3690.wordpress.com/2013...-record-chill/

Terry and her husband of 45 years, Mike, are survivors of the coldest winter in Moscow history, which peaked on the night of their first anniversary, Dec. 30, 1968. While temperatures in town plummeted to -42 degrees Fahrenheit, the temperature in the low-lying Palouse Hills Mobile Home Park (southwest of town) further plunged to -52.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

It just stinks here in SoCal, icy cold rain. First Rain in 6 months.

Had Wife's Nephews coming up from San Diego to fix, repair, paint Patio framing. And Paint trim. Everything soaked for 3 days.
    Now it can't get done between Xmas & N. Y.

I pray it doesn't rain then. For some reason Our Homeowners Insurance wants a home inspection by Jan 15th.

I'm just too crippled up to take care of things myself anymore. Very Painful to not be able to maintain your own house.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Buddy
    It's 27 C or 80 F here and 73% humidity, 1938 hrs no wind and dry.

60 mph wind 6” of snow rearranged into 3’-4’ drifts, all interstates were closed in WY and many state highways. No chance of going anywhere for a few days. Wyoming is the only state I am aware of that has iron gates on the interstates (all 3 of them). You will be arrested if you go around the gates,we don’t send our EMS or LEO’s out to where the idiots are playing until the weather allows it.

Boolit Master
    Been rather nice, but supposed to drop tonight and stay on the colder side for our area. But not for too long just yet.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Vendor Sponsor

Gray and rainy all day in central North Carolina, but not too awfully cold. 50s and 60s.. Cold front coming soon. We don't get much snow here and we're not about to complain about that either.. It usually doesn't get really cold here until mid January, then March comes and winter is over.. Gotta love it!
    Last edited by DougGuy; 12-01-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Gray and rainy all day in central North Carolina, but not too awfully cold. 50s and 60s.. Cold front coming soon. We don't get much snow here and we're not about to complain about that either.. It usually doesn't get really cold here until mid January, then March comes and winter is over.. Gotta love it!
    North Carolina is one of a couple of states I would live in outside of the Northwest. It and Arkansas seem like a good blend.

My company has a large office there and I could make the move if I want.

My daughter and grand kids are being reassigned next year to an unknown Air Force base either in Georgia, Florida, or Texas. I may move to be closer to them. Company has offices all over the country, and the world.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Damp and dreary here in Southcentral Pennsylvania today.
    Weather liars called for 1-3 inches of snow overnight into this morning... didn't happen.
    Only profession where you can be wrong 50-60% of the time and keep your job.

Boolit Master
    -1c last night first frost of year

Boolit Master

Just outside of Houston, T shirt and shorts weather for the next few days, then it will cool off to the 60s for a few days. It only gets cold in this area when fronts pass but Gulf Coast humid cold penetrates to the bones. In New Mexico 25 felt about the same as upper 40s with the humidity here.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    We are in a lull between storms. We've had heavy rain off and on for 8 days now. I did a town run for chainsaws to prune the tree next to the house. It was fire damaged and may not survive the coming storm Friday without some reduction in size. There are small slides on the driveway and the roadbed looks like we had a full winter already.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    Going out to restock the woodshed, as it has been nice, here, for the week, but it's a coming, according to the forecast, for next week.

Boolit Master
    Mild but gloomy out here on the Olympic Peninsula. You fellow shooters down in California should send a little of that rain up here. This has been one of the driest Novembers in history in memory up here with only 2/3 of an inch or rain all November, usually the wettest of the year with usually 7-9 inches during the month. The rivers are dead low and clear causing closures of river salmon fishing and now steelhead fishing is in trouble. Our house depends on a well and this dry spell is coming worrisome

Boolit Master
    68’ and sunny here today but that will change.