Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How's the weather at YOUR house?

Boolit Buddy

How's the weather at YOUR house?

So...

The first of the year-end holidays is here and many of us are heading off for parts yonder. On the other hand, some of us are the lucky homebodies whose houses are the gathering spot this year. The problem is, Mother Nature is showing her sense of humor again! Flights are already being cancelled, torrential downpours are making a mess of highways, winter storms are doing their thing all over the country.

I'm in Idaho working on the retirement escape house. My wife and I only planned for a short getaway with the idea of going home Friday morning, but that's not going to work. We are in the path of the giant storm that's beating up on Northern California and Southeast Oregon. I expect that the dog will be doing his business in heavy snowfall before we go to sleep tonight. Oh, and it's currently 37 degrees with a 15 mph wind.

But things aren't bad at all. I have my wife and my happy dog, food, firewood, and 4 wheel drive. Sometimes the simple things ARE the best!

Where are you this Thanksgiving weekend, or where are you going? Are you one of the lucky few who are warm and dry?

The weather here about 75 miles SE of Dallas is pretty decent for this time of year.
    T shirts today, but a North wind just came up, so it'll cool off some.

We have a couple relatives coming in, but most of the time I'll be trying to figure out how to shoot or trap
    this college educated squirrel that's been chewing holes in our birdhouses.

I feel like Bill Murry in Caddy Shack trying to get that ground hog.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Kansas has been trying to imitate hurricanes lately. Thankfully not the miniature/ultra violent kind but the gail force wind shenanigans. Its been windy as heck, was today and more in the future. Getting really old....
    50mph gusts today. One gentleman that leases space at our aviation facility had to move his kit plane to another building this afternoon. Wind tipped it onto its butt 3 times while pushing it over.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master
    Cold, rainy and windy here. Tomorrow the winds are supposed to hit 50 mph with rain. I'm glad I'm retired and I have no problem telling people where to go if they want me to go out in crappy weather. Our daughter is having Thanksgiving, she is 6 miles away which is all country driving.

Boolit Master

lots of white crapola outside.

Rain just started a couple hours ago.

Boolit Master

Our winds here are gusting to about 60 mph now and we have been under a tornado watch all evening and it has rained off and on too. the tornado watch is running for another 30 minutes or so. Not my favorite weather for sure.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    Snowstorm started about 8PM. About 2 inches now, supposed to get up to 8-12 with wind gusts up to 40mph. Supposed to stop by Thanksgiving morning. I am considering canceling our trip to the oldest sons house if it gets bad. They might get even more snow than us & I don't like to deal with holiday drivers much. We can have the T day celebrations another time when it is safer to travel, if need be. No use taking chances and ruining a holiday with stress & the risk of accidents, IMO.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned
    Mid-70’s in North Central Florida with a chance of yankees blowing in from the north.

Boolit Master
    Rain and winds gusting 30mph+ high 40's pretty warm for mornings this time of year.

Moderator Emeritus

We were about low 60's yesterday. Raining now should stop around lunch but getting windy. Reality starts setting in again tomorrow getting colder again.

Boolit Master

Rain here all night, lot of flooding here in the swamp!
    Might see if my pickup can swim to town today!
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master

Everyone gathering at our house, son and daughter in law coming tonite, son and daughter in law (everyone bringing their kids, of course) and her parents and big brother coming tomorrow AM. LOML says she has everything covered - the only decision I have to make is if I make a fire outside in the firepit (30 mph winds?) or inside in the fireplace.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned
    Currently 100 miles west of JBinMN 25 mph winds from the north west, snowing though it is supposed to stop late this afternoon. About 9 inches on the ground. Glad I went to the grocery store yesterday.
    I hear my snow shovel calling my name.

Boolit Grand Master

Its been an unusual Fall here in a State known for its unusual weather. We just had a few days where the temps dropped down below 20º. Then we had a few where the morning temps started out at 60º. We've had no snow here yet, but its unusual for us to get snow. Maybe a light dusting once or twice during the Winter. We are getting our share of rain.

Boolit Master
    Low 50's this morning, high 70's this afternoon. had to put a jacket on this morning when I went out with the dog.

Banned

well half way through posting this the power went out for a second and dumped my computer if that says anything. started snowing at about 5am. We are suppose to get 25-30 inches of wet heavy snow. Local news said the power company had 500 outages this morning. Good thing is im not a lineman anymore and can sit home warm and dry. Id like to have one of there pay checks next payday though!!

Yesterday morning my wife was at her parents in Brookings SD, 180 some miles south of home. I convinced her to get up and get out of there before the snow and freezing rain arrived. Now she is home, we stocked up on groceries, and we can sit and thumb our noses at the weather. (as long as we have electric and nat gas)

The shelves are groaning, yard is ready for winter. I suspect it could get a little fun around here today.

I'm just hibernating till after the holidays then we are headed for Alabama gulf coast and warm weather.

Moderator Emeritus

BEST (U S) Thanksgiving wishes to you and all! Temps have (finally!) increased to what is normal for this time of year -- now, 30*F. -- Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camp 11 19 2019.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	252024and we have rain forecast for this afternoon, which will hopefully wash some snow away -- and will also hopefully stop before below-freezing temps tonight cause it to freeze. The ground here is not yet frozen, which will help. Here's a photo from camp last week...
    To "what?", kids are too distant and both have jobs ( ) albeit they need work (black) Friday; (older / our age) neighbors who were at our T-giving table in prior years have all predeceased us; do, it'll be just wife and me. (I offered to take her out to restaurant -- but she wishes to instead cook.)
    BEST again!
    geo

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Weather here in Southcentral Pennsylvania has been pretty typical for mid to late November.
    We had about 2"-3" of snow Sunday morning but it warmed up and melted it all off Sunday afternoon.
    Yesterday was 60°F with calm winds.
    Today about the same but the winds are expected to reach the 35-40mph range by this evening with falling temperatures.
    Saturday I will be deer hunting in northern Pennsylvania and fully expect temperatures in the mid 20s with snow and ice...at least that is what the forecast predicts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast