WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: 1875 Remington [Replica Arms]

1875 Remington [Replica Arms]

Well got a Replica Arms model 1875 Remington with a 7.5 barrel. Kinda trashed but I think shootable. 357 mag chamber.

Cool revolver but different than I thought it would be. Not nearly as heavy as I thought it would be. The web under the ejector rod housing is very unique. Base pin is nearly 6 inch long and does not remove from the revolver when removing the cylinder. Front sight is the pinched style of the New Model Army percussion revolver.

All in all a cool project revolver. Lotza rust needing to be removed and the finish is needing attention. Maybe I will do an antique job on it.

Anybody have experience with the 1875 Remington?

Oh... this must be the peanut oil gun in your other thread! If it's that rusty, some before and after photo would be nice. My problem is that I always (well...usually) forget the before photos. I've never owned one of the 1875s, but a friend I used to shoot with had one and it was a nice revolver, just different from an 1873 in balance. He also had the police model with the ejector rod housing sculpted more to the lines of the barrel and frame, which was a nice revolver and balanced well. I think Frank James (Jesse's brother) liked the 1875. Sounds like a fun project.

Yepper, did forget the before pictures. She is all apart now but maybe I can get some before I get serious with rust removal.

I also never think about any before pictures as the project seems to take on a life of its own. I think this project will pretty much talk me thru what it wants to end up like.

Yes that peanut debacle is me. Weird reaction to say the least. Probably use some diesel oil to clean up the peanut oil crud.

Boolit Buddy

I have an older EMF replica complete with obligatory chipping nickle plating. 357, I haven't been impressed with accuracy, but I don't think I was loading for the gun. I think I'll try something more in the 173 grain 38 special load. Or shoot a bunch of black powder through it. I've always loved the design, so I can't bear to part with it....

Mike
    -Mike

I have the same 1875 Remington chambered in .45 Colt with a 7.5 barrel made by Uberti. It's a good shooting gun.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a nickel 1875 Remington in 44-40 with 7.5 barrel. lots of fun to shoot.

Banned

I acquired one made by Uberti a few years back. One of the tightest locking revolvers I've ever handled! Absolutely beautiful finish too. Fun to shoot.