Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Picked up a Spanish 1916 Mauser in 7mm

Boolit Master

Picked up a Spanish 1916 Mauser in 7mm

Well we all know the story, I was out shopping around while on vacation and spotted three 7mm Spanish Mausers short rifles in a gun store. One looked good with nice rifling and a cleaning rod while tho other two had nasty stocks and worn barrels. Ended up taking the nicer one home. It's nothing special, the receiver has been scrubbed, the numbers miss matched and the rear sight is the earlier roller coaster style. Planning to keep it stock and shoot it as a 7mm, no need to hot rod a 93 action.
    From what I can find it looks like a 1916 with the added vent hole on the left of the chamber and had the bent bolt handle. Still need to take the stock off and look for any marks.
    I'll try to get some pictures posted.

Sounds like a lot of potential fun. 7mms are usually good shooters with very tolerable recoil. Be looking forward to the pictures.

Boolit Master
    I have had a lot of the 1916's in both 7mm and .308. About half of the .308's had oval bores, too much headspace, etc. Most of the 7mm's, were great shooters, no issues. Both types had great barrels, but too many problems with the 308s. Hope yours is a shooter, keep us up to date on it. I have unfired FN barrel in 7x57 that I fixing to put on a 98 Mauser, just a great round.