RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Kids night

Boolit Master

Kids night

Saturday night we had our fun in the dirt night. It had rained most of the day Friday and when I went to check on the arena Saturday it was a mess. The top three inches was soup. Then mud below that. Well crud. Chang of plans.

The church is about 12 miles north of me.my budy who supplys the stock, is about 35 mi south of me. so I started my day early I was at the church just before daylight.. Unloading firewood geting drinks and such. Then shoot down to my buddy's to trim his horses foot and pick up two calvs he was giving to a familly at church.

Well seeing how I just had the two calvs to load I told Donnie that me and brother in law would just come back and load . And I went out visiting. About 3 I run over to sisters to pick up the tralor and Chris. That S.O.G is still working. Well crud. Sister has a broke foot so no help there. I guess I could have taken the boys. But hell IM cowboy enogh to load two calve. ( Yea right ) now Donnie dosent have what anybody would call loading pins just a few panels held together with haystring. Hey it works (with help)

Like I had said these are just two small jersey calvs 4/5 hundred pounds a peice guessing . I get there and get the mama cows separated, and start pushing the calvs up.everything is going great..red right on their heals helping the best he can. That's When donnies dogs decide to help.... well crap.... His dogs don't seam to understand what I'm try to do and they turn the calvs bak on me ... So I start again all of us working together this time.. Well tell the end... We get right to the trailer... when it's time to stop and let them just go on in ... yep they turn them back on me again. So I run off the dogs, get my rope and drag the calvs on the trailer. But by now I'm runing late I hate being late

I get to church ... they have a fire going in the wrong place... in the wrong fire pit..all the food is seasoned with the wrong seasoning...and I get out and just smile. We Unload the calvs in the pins.. move all fire wood to the other pit ..and start cooking. Sister brother in law and the boys show up ..and we have a big ole time.

The arena was way to sloppy to run any stock in ... but kids ain't stock so after eating and visiting a bit we got a game of tackle the kid with a football going ...WHAT A MESS LOL we are all covered he'd to toe with mud .. Let me tell y'all it's not easy runing in three inches of slop it gets heavy on your boots lol ...I think more so now that I'm 50

It was a good night.. you know not everything has to go as planed life is what we make it .. yea cooking would have been much easer on the other fire pit. The grilled vegtabals would have been better without all the Tonys. But hey no one cared we all had fun

Now I will say the one thing that is still sticking in my crawl ...one of the kids had this contraption it's about 18 inches long 10 to 12 inches wide with wheels on each end you lean forward you go forward you lean Back you go backward. I get up and give it a go ( how hard could it be ) now every cell phone is pointed right at me videoing... WELL I ROCK THIS THING. I'm doing circles forward backward You can't imagen the disappointment in the fact I dint bust my butt. Now I ask is that the Christian way to be???

Sorry I dint take any pictures and sence I dint bust my but nobody posted any they had took
    Last edited by rl69; 11-26-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good story and message !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

At least you did'nt bust your butt!

Boolit Master
    Lol
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Ride em' Cowboy!

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    Shoot I can't even spell cowboy ... no I'm just a sinner.
    When kids night first got going I was scared to death. I don't know nutnun about kids. And all girls to boot. Sister has the only two boys that are there . But it been fun watching the lord guide every one of these nights. There has never been a night I felt I had to get things moving.

I boast and brag and go on and on about this stuff for just that reason God this is his night to Him goes all the glory .... I'm no cowboy no preacher no cook hell I don't even like people most of the time but I am a child of God and in me is the same spirit the rased the dead heals the sick and caused the lame to walk... And if I could learn to sit down shut up and get still He will accomplish his will threw me.... just a pore sinner

God is good

I

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I too am insufficient . It is in understanding our weakness and leaning on him that it is done . Faith in our Lord .
    No turning back , No turning back !