RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Uberti Scholfied 45 colt.

Uberti Scholfied 45 colt.

Just picked up this revolver last week. It seems to have a .450 bore. I have 200rnpf and 250 Keith bullets. Would like to try the rnfp bullet first. I have a few powders such as h110, unique, wc820 and 700x

8.0gns of unique will work good with either bullet.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Moderator Emeritus

I am a relatively "new-bee" to the .45 S&W Schofield, it being recommended to be used in my New Vaquero .45 Colt, as its case volume is indeed less than the .45 Colt's. My initial loading of similar bullets (a cast 244-gr Keith) employing Unique provided (to ME and MY revolver) quite disappointing targets at the range. Suggested by one this site's many guru's was trying/using Trail Boss -- which I did not have (until next gunAttachment 251933 show I attended).
    I have pasted here my load card. While this works in MY revolver -- I do NOT know the pressures, etc., yours was manufactured for -- so PLEASE consult a published load manual before you assemble anything! (Again, this is what *I* have loaded!)
    geo

Boolit Master
    I don't think the H110 and WC820 are the powders for your Schofield , unique and 700x would be a much better .Here is Alliants sight for Unique . http://www.alliantpowder.com/default.aspx
    Someone with a break top will hopefully be along with more specific information.
    Those are beautiful guns , but not a design you want to load heavy.
    Have fun .

Have some 5gr 700x but they are sized .454 for my s&w revolver. This Uberti is slugging our at .450. I do believe .004” is too much to push

I have several .45 Colt revolvers to include a Uberti "Schofield." In deference to the Schofield, I load all my .45 Colt ammo to .45 Smith & Wesson levels, ie. 225 gr. bullet at 700 fps. 7,5 grains of Unique or 5.4 gr. Bullseye. It is kind of insipid for the .45 Colt but it will kill anything I find here in western North Dakota. Historical evidence suggests it is a very able man stopper.

My bore is a tad under .452 but all guns digest a .454 bullet with no problem.
    Last edited by Dan Cash; 11-26-2019 at 11:49 PM.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

I do have a 230 45 acp bullet also

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpointfive View Post
    Have some 5gr 700x but they are sized .454 for my s&w revolver. This Uberti is slugging our at .450. I do believe .004” is too much to push
    If you have a Lee carbide 45 auto factory crimp die it should make those work , if adjusted for the long case.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a good supply of Starline Schofield brass so I load 230 grain soft lead bullets with 4.5 grains of Bullseye for the "Short & Weak." Colt's get all the 2F I can stuff into the "regular" .45 Colt case under a Lyman 454190.

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot 9.6 gr of unique under a 200 gr boolit. It is suppose to be around 14000 psi and safe in older guns. velocity was chronoed at 1038 in my 1885 new model army remington. I am going to load that a little lighter so the trigger guard doesnt "slap" my middle finger. I will be happy with around 800 fps.

Boolit Grand Master

Here’s Hodgdon’s online Reloading Data:

https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol

I suggest Bullseye or Titegroup powder for the 45 S&W.

Dale53