Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who else has their Christmas decorations up?

Boolit Master

Who else has their Christmas decorations up?

Since I got divorced and bought my own little 3-bedroom home a few years ago, I put up some LED C9 bulbs in the main story windows and leave them up year round. Nobody notices them and nobody inside the house nags me about them, so, I just plug them in when it's appropriate.

Usually, I wait until after Thanksgiving to turn them on. Tonight, we had snow in the forecast and work sucks, so I turned them on early. I even added another 600 lights to my privacy fence today and plugged them in.

With all that's going on in the world, I think we could all do with a little earlier Christmas cheer.

Who else couldn't wait this year? Or do you have a rigid date that you wait for to install the lights?

I don't do a tree anymore since my roommate, a 100lb great dane/lab mix, just thinks it a new potty. But I do a table top little tree of some sort and put out a few interior decorations.

Girlfriend just suggested some cinnamon-scented pine cones... Polite way of saying my house stinks?

Anyway, I love this time of year and can't wait for at least a foot of snow blanketing everything!
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

My wife and DIL have our house decorated already. It's sort of nice being one of the first ones this year.

Boolit Grand Master

Don't decorate outdoors - too much light pollution already and I see no reason to work to increase it. I'll get the tree out in a couple of weekends and LOML will put it up since she's now retired.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

We always wait till after Thanksgiving

Banned
    I think I'm going to cancel Christmas this year due to lack of interest.

Moderator Emeritus

6bg6ga I've felt like that too but Christmas is in your heart. Put up a tree no matter the size and you may be surprised. Best of luck sir.

I don't put up outside lights as I am kinda remote and don't like to advertise where I am. I do put up a fully decorated tree with a train around it and a bunch of my Mother's decorative houses she loved so much. I put a plastic fence around everything. Girlfriend and I celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday and she helped setup the tree so I gave her a special ornament to put up plus stockings for her and her dog along with mine and my dog. We had a very nice day. Happy Thanksgiving folks and be safe.

Boolit Master

After Halloween, a neighboring HOA wrote up a resident for putting up Christmas (I refuse to call it politically-correct: holidays) lights/ornaments in his front-yard/facade too soon & allegedly, a certain newly-moved "neighbor" complained about it as offensive to their "culture". Following week, several residents put up their lights/ornaments & followed by even more, in defiance to their HOA & offended "neighbor". This should serve as an example of standing up as a community rather than giving-in to freakin' snowflakes who move in & instead of assimilating, wants to impose. Nowhere in the constitution does it say Thou shall not be offended....smh
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Jeffery Epstein and Christmas Lights don't hang themselves.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete501 View Post
    jeffery epstein and christmas lights don't hang themselves.
    lol!!!

Boolit Master
    My wife and son take care of putting up Christmas decorations here at The Estate.
    I help by going with them to pick out a tree.
    Once the tree is set up, they are on their own.
    I supervise from the safety of my recliner. I occasionally offer suggestions which are routinely ignored.
    All of this usually occurs around mid December. Decorations usually come down a day or two after New Year's Day.

Boolit Master
    Not me. ??

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pete501 View Post
    Jeffery Epstein and Christmas Lights don't hang themselves.
    Well played!
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    On a warm day a couple weeks ago I put up some lights outside. I refuse to turn them on till after the yard bird is a memory.

Boolit Grand Master

The Wife decorated a few weeks ago. We usually wait until Thanksgiving has passed but this years Thanksgiving has been canceled. All of the family is going to be out of town and the Wife was depressed about so She started decorating.

We have the usual Christmas tree, with lights. Several figures or figurines, snow houses or villages. She changes the pictures to Christmas scenes, all kinds of gizmo's on the counters and tables. The inside of the house looks like a Hallmark shop!

We built cabinets in the garage just for Her seasonal decorations!
    Last edited by lightman; 11-27-2019 at 09:15 AM.

I quit putting them up outside because only air traffic can see them. But we'll put up the tree after Thanksgiving like always and take it down Jan 2nd like always.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I don't put up any outside , but my neighbor puts up enough for the whole neighborhood .
    So I enjoy walking the doggies after sunset looking at his yard .

Boolit Master

Mrs Bookworm takes care whatever seasonal decorating that needs done. She usually puts up Christmas right after Turkey Day.

Right after we were married, she asked me about outdoor lights. I told her I was fine with whatever outdoor lights she puts up and takes down. That put a stop to it at the beginning

There's a housing addition not far away, when she wants to see lights we go drive through there.

Boolit Master

There is a long street in my neighborhood that seems to be in a race to get the first lights up and turned on. And there is a guy who's house is on a corner and on the main drag that has every known wire figure with lights on it. His light bill must be in the thousands. My contribution is one of those solar lights. It is the figure of a cow.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

I don't do outside anymore....its to dang cold in New England to take them down...and I hate just leaving them up....so......

We always decorate the inside of the house the Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Couldnt really care less about other holidays. I love Christmas. Two trees up in the house. One mini one in my room and one in the living room.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast