WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Mossberg patirot in 350 legend actual load data.

Boolit Mold

Mossberg patirot in 350 legend actual load data.

I just bought a patriot in 350 legend. There seems to be a shortage of actual load data for this cartridge. Is anybody loading for this cartridge. The Hogdons load data isn't quit right for this gun. Help. Thanks in advance.

Banned

How is it not right? Everyone else is using it fine. I use it as a baseline for what I am using.

Boolit Master

There is load data if you look and ask.

Many many writeups now. Its pretty easy to create your own too. Just use Maxi data and work up. Maxi operates at lower pressures AND is slightly less case capacity.

I am Not a fan of the bedding on the Patriot.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Banned

I've watched this cartridge with moderate interest for a while now, I won't get one, don't live in a state requiring straight walled and have no interest in suppressors. Seems like a strange bird to me.

It does seem like load data for something like the .357 max or .351 WSL would be a good place to start. Why in the world they decided to use that undersized bullet is beyond me, seems like they're trying to keep guys from handloading for it.

Boolit Mold
    To answer the first question the lowest charges were blowing primers and about the top end it welded the case to the bolt face. I contacted Hodgens and they seemed to think it might be due to the star line brass.This was the only substitution. I was unable to get Winchester brass. Now it is in stock. I was using LillGun powder' Cwlongshot. If I had been aware of there bedding practice (it's crap) I would not have bought this gun. I just finished glass bedding it into the stock. With reduced load data it shoots the first two shots within a half inch. the third shot opens up the group to 1 1/2" and you might as well forget shots four and five they are a wast of time. Different load data may cure this.

Boolit Master

I am not a fan of Lil gun as it exhibits pressure spikes. You will see them in vel changes when chrono graphing loads.

Always always start low.

I am using Hogdon data too but 296 and a 165g. My data is for 170g so I started at there starting load. Seated out anlittle farther then they specified as well. (Farther reducing pressures) vel was listed at just shy of 2300 at TOP LOADING. Also IINM with a 20” bbl. mine is 16. First five shots fell well under 1” @ 50 but showed 2280 fps and began to show pressure limits on the brass. I backed off .5 and tried again. Accuract still very good. Brass better and vel was still 2240/2250.

So I agree with what you have seen with there data.

Start low and avoid lil gun. Top vel simply aint that important. Accuracy and safety is.

CW

Boolit Mold
    My pressure spiked well before I hit top end . I will try a different powder. Was thinking H110 but will try the Winchester. No point arguing with success. What type of brass were you using and what type of primer.

Boolit Master

All my brass is Winchester

Also I didnt mention. Winchester is said to be thickest brass. So if you had Starline you should have had slightly LESS pressure from the slightly more volume.

Personally I feel everything that you experienced was lil gun caused.

H110/296 are twins. Good powders.

CW

Boolit Mold
    I ordered some Winchester brass today and I hope to pick up some powder this weekend. I did receive some data from Hornady today.Hornady brass Win. primer 170gr interlock bullet. 24.1gr to 27.1gr Enforcer powder. 2050fps to 2250fps. No pressure data.

A full case of AA1680 and a 170g JSP shows zero pressure signs on my federal 350L brass and wolf SRPs. This brass can be reloaded several times without resizing or trimming. Rifle is a RARR.

BB

Boolit Mold
    Whats the equivalent to AA1680.

Boolit Mold
    Sorry I had a brain freeze when I asked that last question.