Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lee three hold turret parts

Boolit Grand Master

Lee three hold turret parts

Something is wrong with the Lee customer service link.
    I keep on getting "cannot be found"
    I still use my old Lee three hole turret press.
    The nylon bushing, that is used to auto index, is worn out.
    I've changed it before.
    They call it a hex ratchet.
    Lee doesn't show the three hole press in the catalog.
    Anyone know if they still have a listing of parts for their old equipment????
    Anyone know if the bushing is the same as the one used on the Lee Pro 1000????

Boolit Master
    If you call titan reloading. An talk to the owner. He knows everything there is to know about parts. I just received the part you are looking for but for a 1000. Kevin

You can easily convert a 3-holer to a 4 holer with parts from Lee. Not expensive. I changed over about 6 or 7 years ago and then gave away the 3 hole parts here on the forum.

The old 3 hole turret press is completely disco'd as are all parts and support. Fortunately the plastic ratchet used in the Pro1000 is the same part.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    The old 3 hole turret press is completely disco'd as are all parts and support. Fortunately the plastic ratchet used in the Pro1000 is the same part.
    That is good information , if I had one I would order several .
    The Lee turrets are sweet little presses.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    You can easily convert a 3-holer to a 4 holer with parts from Lee. Not expensive. I changed over about 6 or 7 years ago and then gave away the 3 hole parts here on the forum.
    Ha, I went the other way, I wanted the upgraded base, but wanted to keep the 3-hole turrets (too many 3-die sets to convert them all. So when a used 4-hole became available at a decent price I got it and swapped out the tops. Then a friend gifted me another top to a three hole, which was some sort of upgrade kit. So now both are 3-hole and I can keep the 4-hole in case I ever find a bunch of used 4-hole turrets, or new ones on sale. So, out of curiosity, what four dies are you guys using? I'm guessing the 4th hole is for a seperate crimp die, like a Lee FCD?
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm fine and happy with my three hole.
    Sometimes I only use two of the holes.
    Used for loading only. No sizing.
    Most of the time I don't use the auto index.
    I was wondering if the hex ratchet was the same for both the turret and Pro1000.
    Thanks kmw1954.
    Would you know if the hex ratchet is still the same for the old and new Pro 1000????
    Last edited by abunaitoo; 11-26-2019 at 02:53 AM.

Yes I am running a 3 hole turret and a Pro1000. I had the Pro first and then bought a very nice NOS still in the box 3 hole to accompany the Pro only to find that the dies run backwards from each other and also the die set depth in the tool head is different because of the shell plate in one and the shell holder in the other. So each time I switch tool heads between the 2 presses I still have to reset all the dies.

But I agree, with all the three hole tool heads I have and the 3 die set it will be hard to switch to a four hole. I may have to start watching for a spare press to have for parts.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Ha, I went the other way, I wanted the upgraded base, but wanted to keep the 3-hole turrets (too many 3-die sets to convert them all. So when a used 4-hole became available at a decent price I got it and swapped out the tops. Then a friend gifted me another top to a three hole, which was some sort of upgrade kit. So now both are 3-hole and I can keep the 4-hole in case I ever find a bunch of used 4-hole turrets, or new ones on sale. So, out of curiosity, what four dies are you guys using? I'm guessing the 4th hole is for a seperate crimp die, like a Lee FCD?
    Yes the 4th hole on mine is crimp normally the carbide factory crimp but standard crimp or collet die what ever works best for particular application .

Boolit Master
    I also have an old Lee three hole turrent press (my very first press) with auto index, but don't use the auto index feature anymore. I prefer to do one operation at a time, such as ,size and prime all cases, then flair and charge all cases with an auto disc on the flairing die. That way I can visually inspect my powder charge before seating and crimping a bullet. I want to avoid an incident of an over or under charge of powder by actually seeing the powder in the case. I remember having a no charge incident due to powder bridging with extruded powder. I don't load with extruded powders any more in the auto disc . I stick with flake style powders. They seem to work best. Ball powders either leak out or bind the disc and extruded powders seem to bridge.I mainly use the turrent press for handgun calibers. My rifle rounds are done on a Hornady single stage press.

Oh! I remember now. It wasn't extruded powder, it was ball powder that bound the charge disc and didn't retract far enough into the powder hopper to pick up the next charge. Sorry for the slight brain lock there.
    Last edited by ubetcha; 11-26-2019 at 09:29 AM.
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Master
    Titan Reloading does show new ratchets for the the old style turrent press in stock. It under " Lee service parts" on the left side bar. $1.50 for two ratchets.
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ubetcha View Post
    I also have an old Lee three hole turrent press (my very first press) Ball powders either leak out or bind the disc and extruded powders seem to bridge.I mainly use the turrent press for handgun calibers. My rifle rounds are done on a Hornady single stage press.

Oh! I remember now. It wasn't extruded powder, it was ball powder that bound the charge disc and didn't retract far enough into the powder hopper to pick up the next charge. Sorry for the slight brain lock there.
    We all find what works best for us .
    What I have found with the disk measures ,1 the Pro auto disk leaks much less with ball powder .
    2 when changing the disk I give a little sprinkle of dry graphite .
    3 when I finish a loading session after emptying the powder I lightly lube the moving parts with Hornady one shot gun cleaner lube ( it dries quickly to a waxy film)
    I have 0 hang ups when I maintain my measures like this.
    The disk on the Lee turret with auto index working throws the most consistent charges of flake powders like red dot of any of the measures I have Lyman , Rcbs and Lee I have never tried extruded powder with it.
    One more thing someone may find helpful , If the disk is starting to bind you will often hear a sharp snap when it returns , consider that snap a request for maintenance to head off a problem.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    We all find what works best for us .
    What I have found with the disk measures ,1 the Pro auto disk leaks much less with ball powder .
    2 when changing the disk I give a little sprinkle of dry graphite .
    3 when I finish a loading session after emptying the powder I lightly lube the moving parts with Hornady one shot gun cleaner lube ( it dries quickly to a waxy film)
    I have 0 hang ups when I maintain my measures like this.
    The disk on the Lee turret with auto index working throws the most consistent charges of flake powders like red dot of any of the measures I have Lyman , Rcbs and Lee I have never tried extruded powder with it.
    One more thing someone may find helpful , If the disk is starting to bind you will often hear a sharp snap when it returns , consider that snap a request for maintenance to head off a problem.
    Life NRA member

Thomas Jefferson