MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Taurus G2s ?

Boolit Buddy

Taurus G2s ?

Having discovered several hundred 9mm reloads in storage, and not having a matching gun to shoot them in, I was thinking about a G2S as a less expensive gun to shoot them in. Taurus has had a so-so reputation- anyone have first hand experience with the G2S or G3 ?
    Last edited by rmark; 11-23-2019 at 09:52 PM.

The latest American Rifleman has an article about it.( the G3) No malfunctions and 3.5” average accuracy at 25 yards. But Black Friday sales may produce a better deal on a S&W or Ruger.

From what I’m reading, Taurus has really stepped up their game. The G2C can be had right now for $179.00. Thinking of one myself. Lots f reviews on Youtube.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master

I have the PT111 G2 and its been flawless. All i’ve ever shot in it is my standard 9mm reload with the Lee 356-120-TC, at 1.07 OAL and 4.4 grains Unique. Nice and compact. I use a soft Blackhawk IWB holster with it.

Boolit Master

I have also read lots of good things about the G2C - but have yet to see one that comes into our classes be able complete the course of fire of even digest an entire magazine. All seem to suffer from failures to eject and or double feeding. Now that’s only about 15-20 examples of the scores made and out in the wild but I’d wait til bugs were worked out before I’d pay for one. Taurus seems to be lacking in quality control in the semi auto department- as in being THE National company in the Brazil firearms world they lost the contract to arm police and military to Glock- because during trial the domestic pistols failed to eject and routinely double fed rounds.

Boolit Master

if you just want a cheap pistol to fire off some ammo, buy a hi point. i wouldnt own one, they are ugly as heck, but cheap and functional.

Boolit Master

Might check out the Mossberg mc1sc too. Single stack, but everything I have seen on em compares them to glock for accuracy and reliability, plus it uses glock 43 mags so lots of options.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve actually thought of a hi-point just to blast away, but I’d prefer to get something a little nicer to keep. Watching the Black Friday ads might turn up a better deal. That or just save a bit more.
    Last edited by rmark; 11-24-2019 at 10:07 AM.

November of last year Gun-tests magazine tested the Taurus G2S along with four other similar slim 9mm's, including the Ruger EC9, S&W Shield, Bersa BP9MCC and Honor Defense FIST. The Taurus Rated an "A" and a "Best Buy" rating.

You don't have to wait for Black Friday because they're available now for $144 after mail-in rebate.

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

You could do a Remington R51. They are pretty cheap and I sure will climb in value once they stop making them. It’s got that Pedersen system so it’s bound to be a collector’s item one day.

Boolit Buddy
    Problem solved- a friend at the range is trading his spare full size 9mm for my spare lever action. No cash involved so neither wife finds out we’ve been trading guns again.

Quote Originally Posted by rmark View Post
    Problem solved- a friend at the range is trading his spare full size 9mm for my spare lever action. No cash involved so neither wife finds out we’ve been trading guns again.
    Haha! Be sure and trade back once the 9mm ammo is gone!

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve got some 9mm dies here somewhere.......

A friend at the deer lease produced a G2C Taurus he bought at Atwood's for $190. I watched him run through 4 magazines of HP's without a bobble. I examined it and could find no fault with it. He said he's put about 400 rounds through it so far and no problem. I have a big 9mm and a little 9mm so I dont really need a medium 9mm- but if i did I'd be tempted to get one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Texas by God; 01-07-2020 at 06:40 PM.