Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Master bullet lube

Boolit Grand Master

Master bullet lube

Got this from a friend, with some other stuff.
    Never heard of it before.
    Opened it, and it's not good stuff.
    Really strong solvent smell.
    Anyone know anything about it????
    Attachment 251704

Boolit Buddy
    Doe's it actually say on the can that it is a bullet lube? Or is it some kind of general lubricant with the name tradename Bullet? Never seen this before, but a strong solvent smell would have me suspicious of it actually being a bullet lube.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Grand Master
    Printing is kind of eaten in places, but from what I could read, it is some kind of boolet coating.
    You dip, or Swirl, the boolets in it, and let it dry.
    Can is almost empty, maybe 1/4 left.
    The fumes are bad.
    I think one of the ingredients, from what I could read, is toluene.

Boolit Grand Master
    It is a MoS2 lube. I used to coat all my boolits with the stuff, before I ran them thru my lubrisizer. If used by itself, might be good for mild 38 spcl boolits. Think the carrier was MEK and ether. I wouldn't use it inside nor stick my nose in the can. Even outside, if the wind wasn't blowing a bit, the fumes would give me a start of a headache.
    To use, I put enough boolits in a can, add a tbsp of the stuff, put the lid on (plastic to seal) and shake and pour out on a screened container to dry, which it will quickly. The solvent evaporated rapidly and took a few hours for the smell to ease off
    I still have some left somewhere. Part of a can and a full can. Haven't used it in years. Bought it in the late 80's. Think company went TU in the early 90's

Boolit Master
    Bought a can in the early 80's; it has methylene chloride in it as a carrier for the moly and the solvent evaporates very rapidly when exposed to air. There was a write up on it in Handloader magazine back in the late 80's I believe. I was not impressed with it as it was supposed to allow lubricating boolits simply by coating rather than requiring a lubesizer/ bullet lube (which I couldn't afford back then).
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!