Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: how come no ak74s or 12s??

Banned

how come no ak74s or 12s??

Ive about always had an ak47 just in case (I know) shtf and ammo was left. Today the 762x39 just isn't going to be the gun there armed with. An ak74 would be a much more practical gun to have stashed. Don't think ive seen them even for sale. now I haven't looked extensively but I do frequent all the ar15 parts sites and they will list complete ak47s but I never see the 22 cal versions.

Boolit Master
    Haven't since Obummer put import ban on all things Russian.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Banned

The ammo availability is the problem. They never really imported much of it. I had a Romanian SAR2 that is the 545x39 and a SAR3 that was a 223. I liked the SAR2 better but like I said the ammo was the problem. The problem with the SAR3 in 223 was getting ahold of mags. Only the East German AK mags for the 223 would work. I think they were the Weiger mages. When you could find them they were $50 ea.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    The ammo availability is the problem. They never really imported much of it. I had a Romanian SAR2 that is the 545x39 and a SAR3 that was a 223. I liked the SAR2 better but like I said the ammo was the problem. The problem with the SAR3 in 223 was getting ahold of mags. Only the East German AK mags for the 223 would work. I think they were the Weiger mages. When you could find them they were $50 ea.
    To add to this getting reloading components is also incredibly difficult.

a much better SHTF gun is a Galil with a M4 mag adapter, best of both worlds, extremely reliable weapon, with the most common mag and caliber ammo

The 74's seem to command a higher price overall and since it's still a standard and issued rifle and caliber in the ex com bloc countries there's really not all that much surplus ammo to be had like the 7.62 flavor
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    Haven't since Obummer put import ban on all things Russian.
    It was clinton.

I stand corrected, as you pointed out, and as I remembered shortly after posting
    it *was* Obummer.

Clinton (another rat) banned the imports of chinese military style guns and ammo.
    I had a brain hiccup and got them switched
    Last edited by edp2k; 11-30-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Banned

No Obama put the final nail in the coffin. Sporting arms were still allowed till he banned even them. That is why no more Saigas. All the other surplus dried up because they were all coming in from the Balkans. Well they are still fighting the Russians right now so that would be why they are not selling anything right now.