WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Depriming tool

Pressman, on the Ideal tools you posted pics of. The #2, I've looked at pics of that tool so I could better see how it works. It looks like it can prime cases as well as deprime. Is that a correct assumption?
    Leo

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    Somebody Please school me on this.

Other then Black Powder Cartridge at the range before you drop the fired/decapped cases in the big plastic Mayo jar full of soapy water.

Why do you decap only ?

To me if you're going to decap on a press using a die/shell holder set-up, why not just use the Size/decap die ? It just seems a waste of time to decap on the press and then come back to the press to resize the case. Why repeat the process over again ?

I dump all my fired brass into a tumbler with corncob media as soon as I get home from the range. Then do case inspection when it comes out of the media.

So What Is the deal ?
    I tumble with stainless pins. They get de-capped before going into the tumbler. That way the primer pockets get cleaned. Nothing dirty gets put in my dies.I have an old press set up just for de-capping, and have a new Lee APP on order just to do de-capping and bulge busting.

Banned
    44MagLeo, no. The four of them are only decappers. They have no provision for re-capping.

Ken

Boolit Mold
    Hi Pressman, I was recommended to contact you because of your extensive knowledge, specifically in regards to presses, shellholders etc. I picked some older shellholders and am unable to ascertain the make. I will attach a photo, on the left are the unknown shellholders, with Redding in the middle and Bonanza on the right. The holders are unusual in that the knurling around the outside is pressed into the metal, rather than an external cross hatch pattern obtained by milling (or similar), where the pattern is on the outside. (Maybe you also know why the Bonanza holders have a MU/BSI or DHZ designation?).

Boolit Mold
    OK, got the pic loaded. Thanks for your input in advance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234