Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: No PM emails

Boolit Master

No PM emails

I used to get email notices when someone would send me a private message. I haven't gotten an email for a long time, even though I've been getting multiple PMs almost every day. I checked my settings, and I do have that feature turned on.
    Anyone else having the same issue? Any fixes for it??

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

Yes mine did it starting today, never had this issue before on the board with PM's
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    The following directions should help you fix the issue.If doing what is described below does not work for you, then I suggest contacting an Administrator, or a Moderator for further help.

------------------
    Scroll up to the top of the page & in the upper Right corner, next to your membername where you would Log IN, there is a down arrow right after your name. Left Click on that Down Arrow & a small Menu opens up.

On that small Menu, choose either INBOX, Or USER CP & LEFT Click on one.

WHen the new page opens, look to the column of choices on the left side Menu & scroll down until you see MY ACCOUNT.

Below the MY ACCOUNT is a list of options like Menu & the 2nd one down is GENERAL SETTINGS.

Left Click on that choice & when the GENERAL SETTINGS page opens, scroll down about a third of the page looking for Private Messaging in BOLD.

Once you see the Bolded, Private Messaging look at the choices offered there & as you scroll down slowly, the 3rd choice is about getting emails to notify you of PMs.

It is called: "Email Notification of New Private Messages: "

look a little bit to the right of the "Email Notification of New Private Messages: " towards the center of the page and make sure the top of the 2 choices where it says:

"Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages "

is the choice that has the little "bullseye" darkened for a choice & not the one below it.

Then scroll down to close to the bottom of the page while looking for the choices of SAVE CHANGES or RESET FIELDs.

LEFT CLICK on SAVE CHANGES, and you should now receive email notifications of PMs you receive.

--------------------------

G'Luck! & I hope that helped!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    JB,
    As I noted in my original post, my settings are enabled to get email notification whenever there is a new PM. I checked again - and they are still enabled.
    The instructions that you posted above are great though, for someone who is unfamiliar with how to check or access those settings.
    My intention in starting this thread, was to ultimately get an Admin involved, if the number of individuals that this is affecting is large enough. If it's just me - not a big deal!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Don,

OOoops. Missed that part about the already checked settings. My fault. I was just in a hurry trying to help out & should have re-read yours & the other post with the similar issue again, before responding.

Well, anyway, perhaps someone who is unsure about how to set those PM Notification settings can use the directions in the future.

I do have a possible method to get ahold of a Mod or Admin for ya to try, if one does not contact you or post here relatively soon. Use the REPORT POST triangle over on the bottom Left of each post & report your own post & describe the issue in a short manner. You will likely get a reply one way or the other from an Admin or Mod that way, as well as get some attention from them to the topic here as well.

Anyway, Other than "toggling" that "switch" in your Gen. settings off & on a couple times to see if that helps, unfortunately, I have nothing else to offer.

G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Banned
    Check the spam folder, my provider can and has kicked them off as spam.
    Ken

I went back and checked and I am still getting them. I agree that sometimes my provider spams them too. I have to periodically list CB as a trusted site so they come thru.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Just click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Thanks! That did not occur to me. I will remember for the next time, if there is one.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Just followed your instructions. I'm hoping it's something simple!

Boolit Master
    No response so far, and still no email notifications.

Banned

My settings are correct and i'm not getting notifications either. E-mail

Boolit Master
    Well over two weeks, and no response. I realize that this isn't the end of the world, but if someone would just respond - even with "we don't care", at least I would know it had been received.

Don

Boolit Master

Well you had better show up for coffee or we will think you are up to something
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    Just sent my third message to the "contact us " link.
    Hope someday to get a response of some kind!

Boolit Master
    Learned something new today. My email "Provider" - Yahoo - has been blocking emails from Cast Boolits, before they get to my email "Program" on my computer. Changed webmaster@gunloads.com to a "contact", and now I'm getting my PM notification emails again.
    I think I have this resolved - for now.

Don