Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: arm sport sharps

Boolit Master

arm sport sharps

Any one have one of these guns? If so how do you like it.

Boolit Grand Master

There are quite a few variations / models of the Armi Sports Sharps. A description of it ( caliber, barrel length, sights, wood, and finish) would be helpful. Also intended use and weight.

I have a 34" barrel 45/120 Quigley model. It's fun, but for the cost ( bought new) I proboobly would have saved the extra and gotten a more renowned copy, in a normal chambering. I've had mine 14 or so years now and am still waiting on the heavens to open and Angels sing moment of accurate loads

All that said....I still love it. Attractive, heavy, reliable, shoots "reasonably" and when you drop those polished up 3.25" long cases on the bench, everyone stares and drools. Lmao

Boolit Master

the one im looking at is a 45-70 28in barrel kinda plain wood
    will be using it as a hunting gun

Boolit Master
    I could be wrong about all of this, but I believe there is ArmSport and there is Armi Sport. ArmSport rifles were made by IAB (just the mention of that should generate a few comments), while Armi Sport is the current Chiappa.

I have had an ArmSport/IAB rifle that was a somewhat plain but decent looking rifle and it shot well with no problems. Safety was a pain but otherwise no issues. Foolishly sold it in a moment of weakness. I now have a Chiappa which is a very nice looking rifle that shoots well also. Note that I am not a long range or target shooter, just a plinker.

I have an IAB .54 caliber rifle that I have not been able to shoot because the only musket caps I can find are the CCI reenactment caps which are not hot enough to make it go boom. A buddy has an IAB Sharps in .45/70 which misfires a lot, but he has messed with it so could be his tinkering.

When you get it you gotta show us some pics.

Boolit Master
    RR ,if you want your 54IAB to work 100% reliable,reduce a nipple to hold a berdan primer......if you cant get berdan primers ,then I would just remove the anvil from ordinary primers.....Now I shouldnt say this,but using berdan primers ,the flash is plenty strong enough to ignite smokeless......Ive used my IAB so much that the Lawrence gas check has eroded away ,and cracked at the sharp edge.....Lots of owners think they can reduce the heavy trigger pull by reducing the mainspring in the 45/70s.......due to the poor design of the firing pin,it needs a heavy blow,and it also needs to be lubricated with moly grease.

Boolit Master
    john.k, I'm going to need a few visuals on the berdan primer conversion. Can't quite picture it in my head.