Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything

Thread: AR in 450 bushmaster

Banned

AR in 450 bushmaster

Does anybody have one and do you like it thinking about dropping the hammer on one for sale near me.

Boolit Master
    I built a Ruger lower with a Geissele NM trigger, put a 450 BM upper on it. I can put a box (20 rounds) of Hornady black 250 gn into a 2" x 2" square at 150 yards.

I've got enough of them for the whole family to go deer hunting. They're deer thumpers and the ammo is available at most places that carry ammo around here. Haven't tried a WFN but the rounded bullet from the group buy feeds in ours.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got a straight pull AR pistol I built in 450 Bushmaster. Thing's a pretty wild ride I built it because I wanted something that was as politically incorrect as possible in IL yet was compliant with deer hunting laws. My opinions so far:

-It shoots well even in a pistol form. You know its there but it's not so brutal as to be unshootable.

-Mags are picky if you're counting on using some standard AR mags with a different follower. The feed lip spacing is too wide on almost all my mags and pmags will not work with this round because there's a divider at least in the 30rd mags. Do your homework or buy 450 ready mags.
    -I have not reloaded for it yet and can't tell you what boolits would work in this particular setup. Would love to know my self as I want to get a mold eventually.
    -I got a barrel for not bad money from Bear Creek Arsenal. I got my bolt from Twin Cities Arsenal for a decent price although I'm not sure if he has any as of now.
    -My upper's ejection port is unmodded but I'm not running it as a semi auto either.
    -Ammo's not cheap and brass isn't cheap either. Even using ammoseek you're talking like .92 a shot and .44+ for brass.

Banned
    Ok I think I am gonna do it good advice on the mags too I just thought regular AR mags would work but no big deal to buy a couple of mags for it well it looks like this is gonna be my next project appreciate the good advice thank you for your time fellas.

Boolit Bub

I have a Bushmaster 450 bushmaster upper with a 20 inch barrel. Put it on a rock river arms lower. The hornady 250 gr ftx ammo is real accurate. I just buy the 250 ftx bullets and load with Lil Gun and they shoot the same as the factory ammo. I got in on the 452-277 rf group buy at noe. Havent shot them much yet. But loades with lil gun they seem too shoot good. I use the bushmaster brand mags, and they work just fine.

With the cost of ammo/ brass, I'm thinking that I will go the bolt action route if I have to have one. I'd hate to lose brass in the weeds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I have one I built using a PSA lower and a Aero Precision upper with 16" barrel from Delta Team Tactical using the military 20 round mag and a follower recommend on ebay they work ok so far and reloads using a Hornady 200gr ftx bullet I already have with lil gun for around 2000fps and use a brass catcher from Midway USA accuracy is good I can keep 3 shots in a 2" bullseye at 100 yards haven't shot it enough to break in in yet.

I have several types of mags we use including 20rnd USGI mags with the feed lips bent in slightly and single stack followers. The C-products "Duramag" is what we've been leaning towards. Time you buy a USGI mag and a single stack follower you'll have about the same money in it as just getting the correct ones right out of the box.

Only deer we've shot so far with the 450BM have been with the 250gr hornady ftx and the 245 interlock. Both did a lot of damage and exited. Have Barnes 275gr for my son to try next. Was hoping the 315gr from the group buy would be here in time for this deer season, but perhaps next year http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Casull-460-SW I've got the 285gr version already.

Boolit Master
    I have assembled two, one 16" carbine gas and one 18" mid gas. At a hundred yards I can make a 1 1/2" hole with ten rounds in both. The mid gas is a really smooth and throwing brass at 4 o'clock in a little pile, the 16" a little sharper on recoil but very slightly. I have only run 250 Gummies at this point, both lowers identical, Ace stocked with rifle tube/buffer and using a 16 style BCG with adjustable gas up top. I have zero problems with my modified PMAGS and not one failure of any kind, 10 rounders but only loading three (hunting gun not Zulu charge defense). Averaging 2200 FPS with the 250 grain bullet, I get a kick out of them both. If serious PM me and I will detail mag mods on PMAG. I have about every AR mag ever built I am pretty sure, even with modified followers the dimensional issue cannot be overcome and they gouge and scratch but can be tweaked to function reasonably well.

Boolit Master
    Like it a lot. Get it if you really want it.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master
    I like mine a lot. I use it for pig hunting at night. I haven't had to shoot long distances at night, so it has worked great for me.

Boolit Master

Love mine ; just got a buck with it- it’s posted over in the Hunting with CBs section- might be my favorite new hunting rig!

Boolit Buddy
    I have 2 one with a 20” barrel and one with a 16” barrel they will both shoot MOA at 100 yards with the Lee 452/255fn over lil gun one is sporting a red dot and one has a 1.5-4 scope

Boolit Buddy
    Had trouble with mine ejecting. Opened the gas port in the bbl larger, cured the problem.
    BD