WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Made in USA products that work great

Boolit Buddy
    Channellock Pliers

Moderator Emeritus

Kind of firearms related, without too much of a stretch -- is a chainsaw holder which bolts on to a tractor, ATV, UTV, or whatever which was designed by and is both built and sold right here (Kansas) in the U.S.A.! For both trail clearing and tree stand work -- be it to build one, or clear limbs/sight pane for commercial ones, this goodie makes getting my saw to site (I have a Kubota BX25D tractor) soooooo much easier as well as safer for me and the saw! The device -- which I highly recommend -- is called the Saw Haul -- and, I'm sure it is (Google) find-able -- I pasted a photo of what comes in the ROPS-attachable kit. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saw haul.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	252915
    geo

Boolit Grand Master

Many of the Filson products are made here in the US from US sourced products

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BudRow View Post
    Channellock Pliers
    I heard one of their managers on a radio show talking about how they are still competing and still producing here. I went out and bought a new pair or real Channellocks to replace the junky knockoffs I had been using. It was well worth the few extra dollars to get a set of pliers that don’t slip and stay open to where you set them.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master
    Believe it or not, there’s at least one company still making watches in America.

https://minutemanwatches.com/pages/about-us
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    Kind of firearms related, without too much of a stretch -- is a chainsaw holder which bolts on to a tractor, ATV, UTV, or whatever which was designed by and is both built and sold right here (Kansas) in the U.S.A.! For both trail clearing and tree stand work -- be it to build one, or clear limbs/sight pane for commercial ones, this goodie makes getting my saw to site (I have a Kubota BX25D tractor) soooooo much easier as well as safer for me and the saw! The device -- which I highly recommend -- is called the Saw Haul -- and, I'm sure it is (Google) find-able -- I pasted a photo of what comes in the ROPS-attachable kit. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saw haul.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	252915
    geo
    That's a good one. On a related note, I race dirtbike, enduro in particular. I don't do it often, but it sure is nice be able to haul a saw with you when clearing trails. I use the mount by Enduro Engineering, which is made in USA. Similar concept, just made to fit the forks of a dirtbike.

Channel Lock is a great American brand. I have most of their line of pliers. One of the most useful tools for outdoor work I've found is the fencing pliers. It's a cutter, hammer, pliers, and more. Nothing else cuts barb wire fence like it. The only thing I have from them that disappointed me was their electrical crimper. The best crimper for small terminals is made by Thomas & Betts (also made in usa). Not the ratcheting one, the pliers type.

Boolit Man
    Just finished a refurb on my dads old Lyman 55 powder measure. It was a solid piece of engineering. Brass metering barrels fit into cast frame without any room for powder to pass by.
    This was all done on machines prior to injection molding everything and CNC machines.
    After cleaning, media blasting and polishing brass parts to a mirror shine, new bluing on steel parts and switch up from the grey that was barely left on it to orange enamel on the body.
    I am so glad that it works so well after years of neglect. She is a beauty of American manufacture and design. It meters and throughs powder so smooth.
    KW
    Lifetime Reloader
    Veteran
    NRA- Benefactor

Boolit Master
    Nick's handmade boots. I have been a user of logger style boots for firefighting for their intended purpose as well as hunting, ranching, doing my natural resources job now and anything else for quite a few years. Used to just wear White's, which are still made in America but the quality started to slip and they got bought by the Japanese company that owns Rebok. Old man wore Whites, brother, all the other guys I fight fire with and so on, but don't like buying something that is advertised as made in America but capitalizes for a foreign company. So I made the switch to Nick's, which depending on who you listen to, is a bunch of the old White's employees. Now they changed their name to "Nick's handmade boots" from "Nick's custom boots" and Frank's boots is where their custom work gets sent. That may be who I go with next time I need a new pair. I still have my White's Smokejumpers and a pair of Nick's Hotshots that make it about two-three years between resoles and can be rebuilt after a few resoles when they need it so I suspect that I may be awhile before I need to try a new set.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Banned

my 392 dodge challenger for one, The rem classic 300 H&H i used last night to kill 3 deer about as fast as i could wrack the bolt and shoot. The 180 grain sierra prohunter bullet that was gifted to those deer.

Boolit Master
    Lets not forget about all the great reloading tools still made in America. The dies, moulds, presses, ect, are really quite cheap compared to other commercial precision tools made here.

I try my very best not to buy foreign made items...but...it's getting harder. I purchase Cooper Tires for my Chevy's (multiple)...Bought some Andersen doors recently, Cub Cadet lawn equipment, True Temper tools (my brother works for them out of Carlisle, PA)...there are american companies...but you really have to look for them.

I bailed out of the ingot molds when i found out they were manufactured in China....sorry...I don't need them that bad.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Ever see a bullet mold or a decoy call made in China?
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    everything that Redding makes

My favorite american company would be probably international harvester
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Fox River socks are my favorite. Glad to know they’re American made.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Fox River socks are my favorite. Glad to know they’re American made.
    Maybe............. but the elastic doesn't hold up.

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    Maybe............. but the elastic doesn't hold up.

Winelover
    I’ve had the elastic give out early on some and others that the elastic lasted until there were holes in the socks.

Boolit Master

Been wearing Texas jeans for about 15 years. Found out about them on this forum back then. Duluth jeans are definitely not for us senior citizens. They short the zippers about 2". Not good in an emergency.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Ever see a bullet mold or a decoy call made in China?
    I've not seen a Chinese made bullet mold, but there are a number of them from Spain, Russia, and wherever MP molds is from (Slovakia?). I think Jeff Tanner is in England. I'm not sure what you mean by decoy call. I'd say the majority of decoys out there, at least for waterfowl and turkey are made in China. There are a lot of USA made calls, but there are plenty of Chinese calls too.

@Winelover, I've not had my socks fail early. My cold weather socks are the Outdoorsox 100% wool, and most of them are almost a decade old now. I've used a number of their every day work socks, I'm wearing them now, and they last way longer than the Chinese made junk like Haines or Fruit of the Loom. I like to choose the kinds with more acrylic. I don't like cotton that much. The elastic has never failed me. The only way they fail is they get holes, either in the toes or heel.

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    Maybe............. but the elastic doesn't hold up.Winelover
    Usually the dryer running too hot is what kills elastic.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast