Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why you do not load ammo for others

Boolit Master

Why you do not load ammo for others

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ar...cid=spartanntp
    Why you do not load ammo for anyone without proper license it can bite you in the rear.
    Frank G.

Loading and selling without a Class VI?

Yep......… That's a problem.

Even before we get to not paying the excise tax and armor piercing part.

I kept a Class VI back in the 80's for doing a little bit of high end rifle hunting/bench rest target stuff.
    When a excise tax came in to go along with what I sold, it wasn't worth the hassle for the little bit I did, and I let it go.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 11-19-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

When someone ask me to load ammo for them I tell them you buy the supplies and be there with me to load the ammo. only my friend done it the rest did not like it . Did not take me up on what my offer was.I just cover my own behind.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master
    I won't do it because most do not know enough
    about it that they come with unreal expectations
    oh load em hot or these won't group
    no thanks they can buy them
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

it goes far beyond any legal reason why i wont, and for the same reasons i wont fire another persons reloads.

Banned
    The Feds couldn't prosecute Paddock because he killed himself, so they went after the guy that manufactured the ammo.

The guy was running a manufacturing enterprise without the proper license and Feds had a valid charge against the guy but... you have to wonder, "How often do the Feds enforce that"?

No, I disagree, this guy was not loading for 'others', he was selling ammunition that he manufactured without a license. If you are selling, you need to have the proper license. No, I don't load for free, nor for for pay. Do stupid stuff, and it will bite you in the ***.
    I think this guy was quite stupid. making tracers without a license? way stupid

Banned
    The guy did something dumb (and criminal) and paid the price for it.

However, I doubt the feds spend a lot of time hunting down illegal ammo manufacturers every day. That guy would have likely remained under the radar forever, but for that fateful sale to Paddock.

Boolit Master
    Link in OP will not work for me.

2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I found some links that do work for me & am sharing for any who might have the same issue.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ged/303053002/

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...-vegas-shooter
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    I found some links that do work for me & am sharing for any who might have the same issue.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ged/303053002/

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...-vegas-shooter
    P.S. - Just a thought.... If someone puts gloves on to close a deal & it isn't Winter, when I am selling or giving them something, I think I would call off the deal & tell them, "it looks like this deal just isn't gonna work out", or something like that. It just doesn't seem like it is a reasonable thing for someone to do, particularly when it is something like ammo or a firearm... But, maybe that is just "me"...

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Master

We've got an auction house that runs quarterly consignment sales of firearms, equipment, and ammunition. Over the years, I've seen, literally, thousands and thousands of reloaded rounds...much of it unlabeled for bullet/powder/charge...sold off their tables without a hint of law enforcement - fed, state, or local - interest.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    P.S. - Just a thought.... If someone puts gloves on to close a deal & it isn't Winter, when I am selling or giving them something, I think I would call......
    I picked up on that while reading the article, thinking.... hmmmmm - I think I would be concerned right there.

Boolit Master

Is there a problem loading ammunition for family members? I load for my 2 sons and 2 grandsons, using my components entirely. I do not charge for this. I only ask that they pick up as much brass as they can but not spend excessive time looking for it in the grass.

Because they are my sons and grandsons I am very careful to keep all loads to the lower end of published loads. I also go a little over board in checking against double charges or no charge. Either could cause serious problems and/or injuries. So far all I have loaded for them is handgun ammunition for plinking/practice. The younger son does not hunt and the older son, father of the grandsons, is well able to buy all the ammunition they need for hunting, practice and sighting in.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post
    We've got an auction house that runs quarterly consignment sales of firearms, equipment, and ammunition. Over the years, I've seen, literally, thousands and thousands of reloaded rounds...much of it unlabeled for bullet/powder/charge...sold off their tables without a hint of law enforcement - fed, state, or local - interest.

Bill
    Depending on how the ammo got there I could see that being a different topic. Just like you can manufacture a firearm and sell it if that's not your intention (provided the SN is on it) if someone sold the gun they had for the caliber or died off I don't know that the prosecutors will be too eager to go after them.

To put perspective on this think about the Columbine straw purchasers. They got sent up the river because a bunch of people died and it wasn't for a few weeks. If a person sold guns that killed yet more people in Chicago would they be prosecuted and if it was successful would they serve anything more than months in jail? Precedence seems to point otherwise.

I don't load ammo for others because I can't keep up for myself let alone any of the risks (multiple ones) involved.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post

Bill

Because normally, those laws are never enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    Is there a problem loading ammunition for family members? I load for my 2 sons and 2 grandsons, using my components entirely. I do not charge for this. I only ask that they pick up as much brass as they can but not spend excessive time looking for it in the grass.
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    Mass producing and selling the stuff, especially armor piercing is the issue, and what got the guy in trouble.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    Mass producing and selling the stuff, especially armor piercing is the issue, and what got the guy in trouble.
    What got that guy in trouble was a mass shooting and a massive federal investigation that couldn't prosecute the dead guy that was responsible for the mass murder. That massive federal investigation then turned its sights on a new target which happened to be a guy that was illegally manufacturing and selling ammunition. And by the way, the feds rarely prosecute that crime but they damn sure did this time.

I have no problem with the feds enforcing the law, I just wish they did it on a more regular basis.
    It's the picking and choosing on when the feds decide to earn their salary that annoys me.

That's known as politics.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

A reloading manual once admonished me to not reload ammo and spread it around like so many Easter eggs.
    Solid advice years ago and still valid today.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast