RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: 3 pistols

3 pistols

A couple days ago a friend (lady) asked me to help her retrieve some items from a very old house . The hose was fast crumbling into the dirt. The room I went into had no roof and the floor was already gone. I gave her boxes through a window and she put them in her truck. She was looking for her pistol. I found 4 of them. She asked me to clean up 3 of them and see what they are worth. She needs the money. I don't know how to post pictures so I will describe them as I can.
    #1, 22 revolver S&W. on the barrel -W ctg sn-21xxx. chrome and black grips. this gun is loaded and frozen.

2, she called this one a gamblers gun. Brass frame. maybe 38 cal. no trigger guard. sn-6xx. on barrel whitxxxeyvville armory ct.usa cant
    cant read all of it.)

#3 revolver 4 inch barrel , break over. on barrel (US) revolver co. sn under trigger guard 25xxx. US in a circle on the grips. grip circle looks like S&W. 38 cal. this one has rust everywhere.

I am still cleaning. I plan to take #1 to someone that knows what they are doing. If some one knows more abut them and their value, I would appreciate hearing from you.
    thanks
    Shaper
    I have come to believe honey bees are more important to this world than I am.

Banned

Posting some pictures would really be helpful here!

Banned
    It doesn't sound as if any of them were high dollar guns to start with. Mere age doesn't guarantee value.
    Break top 22, 32 S&W and 38 S&W revolvers were extremely common in the early 1900's but not the highest quality. They were made in large numbers, they were cheap to start with and other than some rare pristine examples, they generally hold little value.
    I'm not trying burst your bubble but if she needs money I wouldn't invest a lot in those guns, they are what they are.

The "Chrome" gun is nickel plate and if it's rusted shut, you've got bigger problems than cosmetics. If that's a break top revolver I recommend you soak the hinge area with penetrating oil. Be careful with that loaded gun, those cartridges can still be live.

Moderator Emeritus

The S&W might have the high value @ $75 assuming a solid frame. Look around for a gun byback program as this may be the only times to get any value.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

The S&W is the one worth messing with. I would take grips of and submerge in in penetrating oil for a week. In loaded or unloaded state. Check to see if it is coming free if not give it more time. Don't force mechanical functions. It needs to come clear apart and cleaned before mechanical function. Tapping on frame around screws may help loosen rust in screw threads to allow penetrating oil to work.