Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Question about TC Firearms life time guarentees

Question about TC Firearms life time guarentees

Fellas, I just got a TC 22 Classic rifle about a month ago. It is very accurate. It does not have a rust spot or scratch on it anywhere. But now it has started not ejecting. I took it to my gunsmith and he said good luck with that because NOBODY makes an extractor for it. So I called TC, which is now owned by Smith & Wesson. They told me what the gunsmith told me. They don't make parts for that rifle anymore. I asked about the TC lifetime guarentee which S&W was supposed to honor when they bought TC. The nice lady told me they didn't do that anymore.

Have amy of you boys had a similar experience? Did I get someone on the phone that didn't know how to handle the issue? Any advice from any of you fellas or gals who might know about this? The TC 22 Classic is a very good shooter--very accurate. But it is worthless if it won't extract.
    The America I love was when the engine was a V-8, the exhausts were dual, the shift was four on the floor, the white walls were wide, the chrome was thick, the women were straight, and there was no such thing as the as the EPA.

Boolit Master
    Using the keywords, " TC 22 Classic rifle parts ", in a search engine brings up a lot of links. I did not go thru them looking for an extractor for you, but that would be where I would start to try to find one now, since S&W is not going to honor the TC guarantee.

Here are a few to start:

https://www.bevfitchett.us/thompson-...air-parts.html

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...c/classic-22lr

NO eBay links, anytime, for any reason.

As far as having the same experience... No, not YET... I have a TC Omega 50 cal. muzzle loader & although I have not yet needed any parts, eventually I might & if so, since it is discontinued & since apparently S&W are *** & won't honor the TC guarantee, I will have to deal with used parts from somewhere, or part it out to others in a similar situation.

G'Luck! in finding what ya seek!
    Last edited by Pressman; 11-18-2019 at 12:43 PM. Reason: eBay Link
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Thank you brother. I'm sorry that I didn't say what I had done before asking the question here. I spent the entire last weekend looking everywhere on line using three different browsers, every search engine and key word I could think of. I was able to find all kinds of springs and magazines, but no extractor. And BTW, Simper Fi jarhead from a squid BM2.

Anyway, this may be easier than I thought. The first so called "GUNSMITH" I took it to was really a "PARTS REPLACER." Heck, even at 77 years old, I can replace parts if I can find them. The second REAL GUNSMITH I took it to this afternoon simply said, let me see that and in ten minutes with a file and a stronger extractor spring, fixed the thing. We think. It does extract now when operated manually in his shop, but I'll have to take it to the range tomorrow for a real test.

But any of you boys who are thinking about S & W or TC products may want to think again because whoever owns S&W now will not honor their commitments. They promised to honor TC warranties when they bought the company. And for full disclosure, I own products from both companies, have NEVER had a single problem with them, but they were bought when S & W was run by Carl Helstrom working with Elmer Keith and Bill Jordan advising him and when Warren Center and K.W. Thompson owned and operated that company. S & W has had several owners since then and each one was worse than the one before. Thank the lord for Bill Ruger.
    The America I love was when the engine was a V-8, the exhausts were dual, the shift was four on the floor, the white walls were wide, the chrome was thick, the women were straight, and there was no such thing as the as the EPA.

Boolit Master
    Black Prince,

Semper Fi ! back at ya, & "Thanks!", as well as a "Your Welcome!"!!

I am disappointed with the situation as well as you , even though I have not yet a need to work on anything. Too many now a days do not keep their word, like was used to be the normal thing for folks...

I only mentioned the search engine & links because I was not sure if you had looked a bit for more info before posting here, as some folks don't even think about that sometimes. SO, in order to try to help out & I offered the suggestion & a few links to try to help out.

I hope your "fix" by the "real gunsmith" & not the "parts replacer gunsmith" works out for ya at the range!

Once again, G'Luck!

---------------------------

Pressman,

My regrets/apologies for the ebay link, as I rarely post or mention anything ebay & simply did not recall the prohibition against them. I am certainly aware now & will not forget. I guarantee it.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

I went up on Old Jones Mountain road to the shooting range today and tried the TC Classic for a function test and am happy to report it is back up and running fine with no thanks to S & W or TC. There were no problems ejecting or any other issues at all. I went back to the real gunsmith to pay him because he wouldn't take any money yesterday when he worked on it. He said for me to go shoot it and if it worked, to come back and we would decide on what I should pay and if it didn't work, he would try something else to fix it. I went in and told him it worked fine and he said well how about 25 bucks for fixing it? I said how about 50 and handed him two 20's and a ten. He was all smiles. I was all smiles. His australian shepard dog was smiling. It was a good day.

But you have to wonder that if a local gunsmith way the heck up in the north Georgia mountains can fix it with a simple file and a spring out of his spring supply box in 10 minutes flat, why couldn't a big company like S & W or TC do that, ESPECIALLY when they say they give you a LIFETIME guarantee to fix or replace???
    Last edited by Black Prince; 11-19-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Boolit Master

TC is gone. Lifetime ended when their life left.

S&W bought their equipment for the barrel drilling and rifling ability of rifle barrels as there were not capable. They honored the TC warranty till parts were gone.

TC is gone duh!

S&W is still not capable even after buying the TC tooling. The contract between S&W and TC specifically stated that S&W would honor all TC warranties. That was printed in all the firearms press at the time of that transaction because it caused a lot of concern for TC owners. For a couple of years, S&W did honor it. I have a next door neighbor that sent his TC Clasic back to be fixed for the same problem mine had and S&W replaced it with one of their then new TCR22's at no charge. After S&W was bought yet by another group, they stopped doing that and they refused to fix anything with TC on it which they do to this day. TC is not gone. S&W owns the trademark and brand name and they STILL USE IT. Their coroprate headquarters has TWO DIVISIONS: one is S&W and the other is TC. When you call them, they ask you if you want the S&W customer service or the TC customer service. I called them Monday morning and that is exactly what happened. DUH yourself!!!
    Last edited by Black Prince; 11-19-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Prince View Post
    I went up on Old Jones Mountain road to the shooting range today and tried the TC Classic for a function test and am happy to report it is back up and running fine with no thanks to S & W or TC. There were no problems ejecting or any other issues at all. I went back to the real gunsmith to pay him because he wouldn't take any money yesterday when he worked on it. He said for me to go shoot it and if it worked, to come back and we would decide on what I should pay and if it didn't work, he would try something else to fix it. I went in and told him it worked fine and he said well how about 25 bucks for fixing it? I said how about 50 and handed him two 20's and a ten. He was all smiles. I was all smiles. His australian shepard dog was smiling. It was a good day.

But you have to wonder that if a local gunsmith way the heck up in the north Georgia mountains can fix it with a simple file and a spring out of his spring supply box in 10 minutes flat, why couldn't a big company like S & W or TC do that, ESPECIALLY when they say they give you a LIFETIME guarantee to fix or replace???
    Outstanding news!

I am very glad for you that you were able to get things worked out! I commend your gunsmith as well for his being able to make things work for you!

As far as S&W(TC) & their warranty BS... Now a days, all there is in charge are money hungry corporate jack-***** & they don't care about warranting their work too much, but only the "bottom line" that fills their bank accounts. No honor about their products apparently if they are not going to hold up their end of the "life time warranty".

Once again, I am glad ya got it working for you again & it is good you have a "real" gunsmith instead of a "parts replacer" that can help out when needed.

G'Luck!

( Note- Now watch...some person is now going to come in here & say that my opinion is all wrong & there is no need for S&W (TC) to honor that warranty. Well, I have 'my opinion" & I do not care about someone else sticking up for a company that doesn't hold up their end when it comes to a warranty, so as far as I am concerned, they can go pound sand.)

P.S. - I notice in the current advertisement mailer for Bass Pro shops/Cabelas that they have that same .22 rifle on sale at the end of the month. I wonder how many know that the warranty will not go along with the purchase? I'd bet not many do & not many who are selling will tell folks about that lack of a warranty when they buy the rifle(s)...
    Sad times...

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!