WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything

Thread: Miroku 1886 Bullet mold

Boolit Buddy

Miroku 1886 Bullet mold

Good morning,

I am looking for a new bullet mold for my Miroku 1886 in 45-70 in the 405 gr. range, so I got out my Shooting lever Guns of the old west and Mike used a RCBS 45-405 in his with good luck. But now I see they only list it in a gas check, so I was wondering if anyone had any luck with the Lyman 457193 and the chamber of the Miroku?

Thanks Scott

Vendor Sponsor

The Lyman 457-193 is a winner. Many people use it and it is a very old "back in the day" Marlin design.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Scott, a lighter RCBS mould is the 325-FN-U which is plain based and drops around 340 grains and the oglive suits the tight throats of the Miroku just in case you may be interested its also a double cavity

Cheers

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill Wills View Post
    The Lyman 457-193 is a winner. Many people use it and it is a very old "back in the day" Marlin design.
    I just read your post from July, I think I will getting that mold. Have you ever tried the lyman 457-643?

Boolit Master
    I have a lyman 405 and 350 HP, and a Lee 405, and 340. All shoot great in my 9 45/70's.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    I have a lyman 405 and 350 HP, and a Lee 405, and 340. All shoot great in my 9 45/70's.
    I have the LEE 405 HB which I have altered some and shoots great in my Chiappa 86 (45/70) and my Uberti 76 (45/75) .... I milled the meplat bigger so it covered the primer pocket and took the tit off the base plug = so now a flat base, flat nose, 405 grain with nice big lube grooves for Blackpowder.

Also have the LEE 340 grain mold - its a decent boolit but lube grooves too stingy for blackpowder - had intended to work up a smokeless load for both rifles but getting plenty of thump and no problems with black so have stayed with it - I use a duplex load in the 86, 5 grains of 4227 under the FFFg black for a bit more bark and cleaner barrel --both guns will go inside 2inches at 100yards with a peep sight if I can do my end of it (dont always get that part right)