Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Tired

Boolit Master

Tired

You’re tired all the time. That’s what you tell people. And it’s true.

But you probably can’t even sleep when it’s time to sleep. All of us have been there, but some more than others.

I know you work hard. You have to in order to keep things going. But maybe you’re not tired because you’ve done too much. Maybe there’s another reason.

You’re tired because:

1. You’ve attached your worth to something or someone else.
    This will drag you down to zero and stick toothpicks in your eyes to keep them open. Listen close to me. You are worth it. You are the most precious thing on earth. You are a child of God. You have an inheritance waiting on you if you choose it. It’s not based on how good you are, but how good your Father is. Now, pick your chin up and act like a prince or princess. You are the son or daughter of the King of Kings.

You’re tired because:

2. You’re carrying around things you were never meant to bear.
    Most of us are toting around hundreds of pounds of guilt, shame, loneliness, and/or regret. If it’s not one of those, it’s probably twice that weight in excuses. These are things that will tire you out and keep you up at night. But you can drop them right now. You have to let them go. Jesus can free you from them, but he won’t pry your hand open. You must choose to let them go.

You’re tired because:

3. You are trying to please everyone else.
    Somehow we’ve come up with a notion that loving someone means doing what they want us to. This is not only wrong, it’s killing us. The world dangles its love like a carrot and we are the *******es that fall for it. I’m not saying we should all turn into a bunch of jerks. I’m saying that we are supposed to love God with all we have and then love others as much as we love ourselves. That didn’t say love others instead of ourselves.

You’re tired because:

4. You haven’t done enough of what you were meant to do.
    What were you meant to do? The answer most people search for is tied to an occupation or hobby. But I don’t think that’s the real meaning of life. You want to know what you were meant to do? It’s found in the Good Book. It comes straight out and tells us. It’s not the end all, but the begin all.

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

You’re tired, not because you did too much, but because you did too little of what sparks a light within you.

www.savethecowboy.com

Background photo copyright Living Shasta Photography. Used by permission.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

USMC 77, USRA 79

Wooooo Freaking Hoooooo... might wanna read this a few times!!!!!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good post Ronnie !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Explains why I was up till 2 AM and didn’t do a damn thing yesterday!

Boolit Master

Amen, This is exactly right!

Boolit Master
    I read this when you posted it, and thought, "how very true"! Just a while ago I shared this with my coworkers, one of whom is having trials of her own.

Always good here in the chapel and it reaches futher than we're may know.

Boolit Master
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Grand Master

You are uptight because, deep down, you really believe it is all about you, not God. Sorry, when life is about God and not me is when I can relax and let Him run it. My life or death is not about me, its about God. Our marriage (all 44 years of it) isn't about us, its about God. Our kids are not about us, they are about God.

When my life and my pressures and my desires (fulfilled or unfulfilled) are about me all the weight is on my shoulders. It's when I surrender all this to God in truth, recognizing that He is in charge and the are no accidents or happenstances in life but everything is in His plan that I can sleep peacefully.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Lol ....you been hanging out in my pocket I've been having this exact conversation with some folks for the past few days... even our relationship with God isn't about us.. It's about Him and what He wants it to be

<(*)(()><