Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: T i a

Boolit Master

T i a

Anyone here have any experiences with TIA (mini strokes)? There's plenty of info online but I was wondering about actual experience. They tell me I had one and I don't see the Doc till next week. I read that 1 in 3 people who have them go on to a full blown stroke.

Boolit Master

Transient Ischemic Attack is usually indicated by suddenly slurred or random speech, sudden confusion, or disorientation. there are a few other symptoms, but those are the first to come to mind. Yes, see your doctor soon, as a TIA can be indicative of future CVAs (CerebroVascular Accidents), known as strokes.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master
    I am 62. I had a stroke at 28, blood clot. In the past few years I have had several events that scared me. The worst was when I woke from a terrible sleep being thirsty and as I walked to the fridge for water, I began loosing my vision. I was blind by the time I reached the fridge, and lowered myself to the floor before I fell. It was February and the floor was cold, that probably saved my tail caused I lay there for nearly 2 hours gaining and loosing vision. Finally I could make it up and the only thing on my mind was to get warm. As soon as I could manage the cell phone I called 911. A night in the hospital and they said TIA. These events really can be bad when you're alone.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

I had 9 TIA's during the summer of 2014. The ambulance personnel and I were on first name basis. They finally figured out what was wrong with me, a 100% blocked right inner carotid artery. A Carotid Endarterectomy fixed the problem, and daily medications have kept it in check since then. My Medical insurance covered everything. I lost some strength in my dominant Leg is the only lasting problem.

Please DO NOT take these lightly!

Banned

T i a

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodman14 View Post
    Transient Ischemic Attack is usually indicated by suddenly slurred or random speech, sudden confusion, or disorientation. there are a few other symptoms, but those are the first to come to mind. Yes, see your doctor soon, as a TIA can be indicative of future CVAs (CerebroVascular Accidents), known as strokes.
    I better quit drinking to narrow down my diagnosis!

Boolit Master
    I didn't know what was happening. Funny thing is that I drove for a few miles while it was happening. I never lost vision but I was really confused - I was driving perfectly fine but these dreams were occurring that made me wonder what was real, what wasn't. I pulled over and let my wife drive, then fell into a deep sleep. I remember saying to my wife, "Is this what it's like being a woman?" That didn't go over well. Anyways, DR said not much to be done for that one but gotta prevent the next one. Aspirin, statins, etc.

Boolit Master

I had a mini stroke 2 years ago this past September. I was selling my vegetables at the Farmers Market when it happened.
    One of the customers there recognised I was having a stroke because I started talking gibberish, he and another woman loaded me into a car and took me to the hospital a block and a half away.

Even though my mind seem clear, the next 24-30 hours passed without little knowledge of really what was going on. It was like I was watching it happen to someone else.
    Then on the second day I was ok and seemed alright again.
    Thanks to someone who knew what a stroke was and getting help quickly.

My Dr. said it might have been caused because my pacemaker didn't correct the defib going on with my heart quick enough, causing a small blood clot to form.

I don't like getting old this way, where every year or so it feels like another piece of my health gets cut off and thrown away.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    My Dad had a mini stroke at the age of 82, with medication he lived another 10 years and died of lung cancer. Prayers sent and I wish you the best...………………………..curdog

3eye strokes in August. They are weird. They will do Doppler tests to find blockage, meantime baby aspirin is a help. Caused by clots.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    It's a good idea to carry chewable aspirin, to take if someone has a TIA, stroke, or heart attack. Those in Great Britain can buy an ASPOD (it's a little container in "Pharmacy Green" with room for 2 doses of Aspirin in it, that you can carry on a lanyard; Pretty costly shipping to the US though) - There are 3d printable versions on Thingiverse etc., but the rest of us can just carry a couple in paper towel wrapping in a small vial. Could save a life.