RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: With Awe, or in Awe?

Boolit Master

With Awe, or in Awe?

Do you look back in awe at the trials and troubles you've come through in life by luck or fate, or do you look back in awe at what God's brought you through?

Personally, I'm seeing the awesomeness of God's working in my life more and more as I age. To think, I used to wonder in awe how I survived so many close calls, idiot moves on my part, and just unfortunate situations. How about you?

Boolit Buddy
    God has always taken care of me, even in spite of my trying to get nominated for a Darwin Award more times that I can count.
    Older = smarter for me.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Master

I can relate to that! I should've been snuffed out long time ago!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    All glory goes to him . He has sustained me through my failings , my wandering and this world .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Sometimes my wife and i just can't believe what God has delivered us from, through, and to . . .
    Being human is not for sissies.

All glory goes to him. I was not listening and still he held his staff above me, protecting me.
    Only took 40 years of being an idiot to see it.

Boolit Master

I can relate, God has brought me thus far and will continue!

USMC 77, USRA 79

Lets just say God has a 2x4 with my name on it to get my attention at times.... and he swings very hard.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    Lets just say God has a 2x4 with my name on it to get my attention at times.... and he swings very hard.
    I have used that analogy as well!!!

I was unfortunate in some ways....reasonably intelligent, decent common sense, good education, never got into drugs or heavy drinking...so did not suffer really hard times. Raised by a great father who did not believe in God.

For many people raised without God in their family lives, addiction, pain and/or suffering lead them to find answers/help and to God. I was blessed with two Christian friends that helped me find my way.

God does not protect everyone every time… too many bad things happen to good people and innocent children for that to be true. Beyond my comprehension to know why that is, but it is. His plan is His plan. To think God will protect us all is delusional...a trait of many ardent believers. I see He has worked in my life after decades of my denying Him. For that I am blessed and grateful. Do not know why I should be special but He has looked out for me...of that I am certain.
    Don Verna

Valentines day 1996, the big guy swung that 2x4 3 times in one day. 6 weeks later I was engaged on May 25th we were married. Still together, still happy, and still listening when the big guy talks.

Don we are all of us special in his eyes. Sometimes I think he takes more interest in a tough challenge.
    I think that fits both of us for different reasons. Hang in there brother, keep growing that faith.

Boolit Master

Sometimes it takes getting old to appreciate what God has done for us in our lives. I married my wife in 1966. On that date I turned over a new leaf and attended church with her as promised. I didn't realize at the time that it meant 3 times a week including Wednesday night bible study.

After 8 years of this I was finally baptized(although I had been "baptized as an infant). She gets the credit for keeping me on the straight and narrow. We have been married for 53 years. I have served as an elder of our congregation for almost 25 years. I could not have done that without her. She wielded the 2X4 that God provided.
    John
    W.TN

The nudge, the shove, and the 2x4. Too many times the 2x4. Praise God.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

We are learning to love His 2x4 - It's that sack of bricks that i still worry about
    Last edited by square butte; 11-20-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    Being human is not for sissies.