Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: A Great Thanksgiving

A Great Thanksgiving

I know we are not all from the US here but I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my Australian cousins. Here is how my Thanksgiving went:

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know I did.

As most of you know we have a feral dog problem here in this part of the Lone Star State. Yesterday there are now two less problems. I went out to the place and came upon two who were standing next to each other at about 60 yards from me. I took careful aim with my ranch rifle and hit the closest one in the shoulder area. He/She hit the ground but so did the other one, but He/She needed another shot to finish Him/Her off. What had happened was that the bullet went through the first dog and continued into the other dog. But not enough to flat out kill the second dog.

I was shooting the 7.62X39 loaded with a 130 grain (casts to 135 with 1:20 mix) plain base case bullet with 10.5 grains of Unique and a Federal Primer in a Federal case. Out of this rifle I am getting right at 1700 FPS with no barrel leading. This rifle, being American made has a .308 bore and I size this bullet to .309.

So far a good day. So I walked down to our small pond on the place, and looked to see what I could see before returning home for lunch. Right out there in front of me was a feral hog. About 75 yards away, so down it goes. My wife and I only have a small freezer so the orphanage in the area got 1/2 the hog, which they were very thankful for.

All in all a great Thanksgiving!

ACC

Sounds like you had a great day and it's awesome you were able to donate to the local orphanage! Good on you and God bless!
    He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. -Psalm 91:1

Boolit Master
    Great day as you said, thanks for sharing.

Moderator Emeritus

Good for you on making that donation.