Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many Pistols do you own that you've never shot?

Boolit Master
    1 a S&W 38 s&w break top missing a bit of the nickel and the cylinder does not lock up.

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    1 a S&W 38 s&w break top missing a bit of the nickel and the cylinder does not lock up.
    I forgot I'd had one of those, and never fired it either. I inherited from my Mom, who inherited it from her Dad.
    He kept it on the seat when he drove freight wagons in the Texas Hill Country in the early 1900's.

I figured I'd had & looked at it long enough, so I passed it on to one of my cousins several years ago.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Ruger Single Action 454 Casull and 480 Ruger for me, along with a couple of S&W Shield 9mms bought to be loaner guns in the zombie apocalypse. Will get a roundtoit on all of them eventually. Surely I am not the only guy with 1000 pieces of both Starline 454 and 480 brass waiting to be loaded?
    Tony

Boolit Buddy

None here, handguns don't belong to me very long before they start collecting powder residue.
    Jeff

Boolit Master
    I picked up a series 3 Colt 1860 NIB at a local auction and was intending to fire it but last time I looked the price was more than double what I paid so now I’m not sure if I should just keep it NIB since I know I’ll only ever fire it once or twice.

I also have an antique S&W 38 double action that I got for cheap via an online auction a couple years back and haven’t brought it to the range yet but I’ve got 2 other similar guns and have shot them a couple times.

Boolit Master

None.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

I only own 1 that I have not shot. In a weak moment I bought a double barrel SXS derringer.
    It's a black powder muzzeloader of about 40 cal. And has double triggers and hammers.
    One of the triggers does not hold after being cocked . It is of early European manufacture and a quality piece so I will have to make whatever it needs to fire. It just is low on priority as I always have a bunch of gun projects that need finished and this being more of a toy will be sometime later.

Jedman

Boolit Master
    Nope, not a one. If it’s a nib collector piece I leave it for a collector.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Just 1. I got it a few weeks ago and haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. Every firearm I own gets shot, including a carriage rifle built in the 1840s. It goes squirrel hunting on rare occasion.

Boolit Buddy
    If I own it I shoot it!

Moderator Emeritus

Some time ago (I'm not telling you how long, as it's embarrassing), I ordered a new RIA 1911 in 38 super, because I just had to have one, and they are soooo reasonably priced. I also bought new dies and new brass. It's all sitting in a stack in the corner of the gun safe. All untouched....well almost untouched, I did assemble some dummy rds and cycle them manually, in case the gun had an obvious issue...all cycled well using a NOE 128gr SWC, which if you look at that boolit, you'd think it's a TC. Maybe I'll load some ammo for it this winter?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Just one, just bought it though. All the rest have been fired.

Slim
    Last edited by slim1836; 11-17-2019 at 12:18 AM.
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

I've got somewhere around 50. I do have some safe queens NIB S&Ws. I only shoot 6" adj sight guns if I pick up others NIB or used I don't shoot them. Don't shoot Nickle or SS models either.

Boolit Buddy

0 to get 5 charactors
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Boolit Bub
    Just 1 pistol for me. Picked up a FA 83 454 a couple weeks ago. Havent had time to play with it yet.

Rifles on the other hand. I probably have 5 or 6 i haven't shot yet. Just need more free time.

Adam

I have none that I haven’t shot. If I don’t shoot them, I can’t cast and reload for them.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Man
    Just one, a surplus Star 9mm, haven't got around to it

not a one
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Update...0. Got to the range yesterday and the one turned into a zero. BTW, a slight adjustment moved the hits to the right 1 inch at 25 yards. Now it hits dead center as long as I do my part properly. Love those High Standard .22 pistols.

Boolit Buddy
    None here. I have in the past stopped out in the rice fields on the way home from a gun show or gun shop to air out a new purchase. That was before I had a range in the back yard. Now days I can make it all the way home without testing a new resident.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast