Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Mossberg .450

Mossberg .450

I picked up the OnTarget free magazine at the LGS the other day. Amongst the $3000 1911s and $3000 ARs and the only bolt gun worth shooting - 6.5 Creedmoor- and every rifle has to have a suppressor blahblah; there it was. Mossberg Patriot Predator .450 Bushmaster $400 something list and out grouping most every rifle in the magazine. Kind of an interesting gun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    My cousin and his dad built a couple ARs in 450 bushmaster a few years ago. They did a group buy and got a deal on 5 or 6 barrel kits. He loves it, it's his go to brush gun/ deer rifle. I tried buying the spare kit from his dad, no such luck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mossberg .450

I havnt been around in a while. However I picked up a ruger American .450 bushmaster this fall and put a diamondback vortex 4-12x40 scope on it. Best shooting gun I’ve ever owned. this is what it did at 100 yards with factory hornady FTx ammo. Last 4 yards were in the middle. I had only put 28 rounds through it at that point. Honestly the .450 is the perfect big woods round where rarely are shots over 100 yds but I’ve known avg people to kill deer at 140yds. I’ve been on hiatus from reloading but this gun. Might bring me back. Originally I wanted the mossberg but the RAR fit better both are awesome guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping someone here had one. After reading bad things about the Ruger.450 not feeding with cast, I was pondering if the straight line feed mag did better.

Boolit Master
    I have been thinking about getting a bolt gun on .450 BM myself. Although I have a AR in that caliber, a bolt gun would be pretty neat to have anyway. But I am in no hurry. I saw that Savage was selling some in 450 BM caliber now too. I sorta like their Accutrigger on their guns.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Yeah someone needs to buy a Mossberg and try it. I was over at 450 bushmaster.net and it sounds like there’s issues with the savage model as well

http://450bushmaster.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16128

It's not a 450 but bought a patriot in 25-06. Good shooting rifles for the price. Gp

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I was hoping someone here had one. After reading bad things about the Ruger.450 not feeding with cast, I was pondering if the straight line feed mag did better.

TBG,

I have a RARR 450 BM and it cycles just fine with the two cast boolits I tried. Both are Lee 45 rifle caliber boolits (340g and 500g RFN) that I pushed thru a .454 size die.

FWIW, I found this Ruger likes to be cycled slowly. I also found the gun will handle a COAL of 2.86" which is nice for you fellow that like to pitch heavy and slow chunks if lead.

BB
    Last edited by bikerbeans; 11-19-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks, b b. It seems like it would be a fun cartridge to play with.

Boolit Master

My 450 Ruger american feeds every cast I have for it. Single problem bullet feeds fine if seated real deep so I dont use it. Thats the Lee 300g.

Not everyone with a 450 has the problems 3B has.

I have twice sent him my bullets that work fine in my RARR 450 Bushmaster and haven’t herd his having issues with them.

Im hunting with mine tomorrow using my Cast Lyman 330g HP Gould Express bullets.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw