Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Gentlemen, I am rich! RICH I tell you!

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

Gentlemen, I am rich! RICH I tell you!

I foolishly entered the search terms "vintage reloading" on Ebay, and found the following.......

1. Lyman/Ideal bullet lube, still in the orange box......$39.95. I have four of them!
    2. Used Lee single cavity molds, only slightly beat up.......$54.00/each. I have several!
    3. Various used, rusty, banged up, incomplete cast iron presses of different makes.......$50.00-$275.00.
    4. "Vintage" "Antique" (rusty) Lyman 310 dies for the 30-06.......don't ask. If you do, obviously you can't afford or appreciate antiquity.
    5. A used Thigh Master......no, not kidding. It was listed in the reloading section.
    6. A badly rusted pair of pliers, listed as an antique "bullet mold from the war". Seller was from India.........
    7. Another set of 310 dies, with aluminum handles, for the 270 Win. Bargain priced at $250.00.

I tell you, I'm gonna clean up!

HAS THE WORLD GONE COMPLETELY NUTS? Most of these people are so greedy (or ignorant) that it makes "shopping" a bit nauseating. What cracks me up is that people use these ads for selling price references, as in "Do you KNOW what those sell for???" Really? Show me any five items that have actually SOLD at those prices. Okay, rant over.

No, I didn't bid on the Thigh Master...............

I've seen that type of folks everywhere.

When buying- whatever you have is trash.
    When selling- all their stuff is pure treasure.

They think they're the only one who is ever supposed to have any money.

Go to a gun show sometime, the event always seems to draw several, and bunch them up inside.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I've also noticed that everybody seems to be dismantling every piece of reloading equipment or set of dies and selling all the individual pieces for lots of money. If you want to purchase a complete 4-die set of 310 tools you have to buy about 30 individual pieces to get them all. And then the box to put them in for $25?

Quote Originally Posted by DonMountain View Post
    I've also noticed that everybody seems to be dismantling every piece of reloading equipment or set of dies and selling all the individual pieces for lots of money.
    Same principle as a wrecked car yard.
    A old, dinged up car you can't sell for $200, gets well over a thousand when its parted out and marketed properly.

EVERYONE!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.

Quote Originally Posted by 3006guns View Post
    …I tell you, I'm gonna clean up!

HAS THE WORLD GONE COMPLETELY NUTS? Okay, rant over.

No, I didn't bid on the Thigh Master...............
    But Suzanne Somers used it herself! (naked)!

Yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I've seen that type of folks everywhere.

When buying- whatever you have is trash.
    When selling- all their stuff is pure treasure.

They think they're the only one who is ever supposed to have any money.

Go to a gun show sometime, the event always seems to draw several, and bunch them up inside.
    We've got one of those at one of the gun clubs I belong to, his nicknames when he is around (and sometimes when he is) are either Mr. Haney or sheeny Pete.

He is involved in running one of the local gun shows. We are pretty sure that he has every lawyer/undertaker on retainer so he gets the first call when every a shooter dies. That way he can take all that dangerous reloading components and guns off the widow's hands for a very nominal charge.

His prices are ALMOST as good as retail.

My wife has been warned about him as have most of the other wives of fellow members.

I've had several sales managers like him over the years, that's why I walked away from anything to do with sales--guys like that make my skin crawl.

Only if you sell them, you can ask for anything. Remember that thing you really wanted for Christmas when you were a kid and didn’t get? That’s the $300 your not going to get for your thigh master.

I see a lot of people part out muzzle loaders as well trying to make 10.00 more. Selling them one piece at a time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    A lot of nice old guns get parted out on ebay. What happens to the receivers is anyone's guess.
    EDG

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    EBAY definition:

Fools go forth where angels dare to tread.

I avoid the place like the plague.

My old grandpa used to be really bad about buying old cast irons at auctions. I never once seen him admire them or do anything with them besides throw them in a 5 gallon bucket. He couldn't tell you what one was worth where or when it was made I mean nothing. When asked he would just laugh and say he was trying to keep the prices up on them. If they go for junk then all he had was a pile of junk. but if they are worth $50 a piece he was sitting on a fortune.

For an old farmer he had a good grasp on capitalism

Boolit Master

Reloading equipment rarely sows up on CL in my area. But just today this showed up and was described as in good condition, ha!

Along with some rusty dies and good scale and powder measure he wants $250. People amaze me.

TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    Along with some rusty dies and good scale and powder measure he wants $250. People amaze me.
    Too funny.
    We've talked about this, and this post reminds me of Perry Mason when he'd say, "Your Honor, the Defense rests".

EVERYONE!

Banned
    When I was in the computer business I saw an AUCTIONS bringing twice the amount that the items could be bought for in a store. I guess those people who are advertising reloading stuff MIGHT even sell it.

Boolit Master
    There was recently a Stevens Tipup on Ebay.I believe it was advertised as a heirloom.It had been converted into a single shot pistol.I believe it sold.

Boolit Master
    In person live auctions can be just as schizophrenic. The reserves on some items that I've seen are ten times higher than on exact duplicates I've seen in the local Good Will. But I guess the seller's justify it because, while most of those items get passed on without any bids, others will go for way more as a couple or three bidders get carried away.

Maybe I just don't recognize the diamonds in the rough at GW.

Boolit Master

Stupid will buy anything if it's marked Vintage.

I saw a "vintage" Lyman mold NIB for only $250. It was a #358665 2cav in a new style long style mold box.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master

Over the years Ive seen auctions change a lot, from a chance to get a used item at a fair price to a contest that some people will not lose. The younger buyers see these items and decide they have to have them but have no idea what they actually sell for new or used on the market. Ive seen the prices some "vendors" at gun shows ask, but they are expecting to be talked down some also. In the end they can put any price on a given items and then it s weather it sells or not or how long it takes to sell.
    With firearm's Ive seen single shot 410s bring half again as much as what new would cost at auctions Same with the old single shot butcher rifles in 22 long rifle. I watched a 475 wildey at a local auction for for almost $4000.00 no presentation case 1 mag and no ammo, it did have the manual in the card board box. I figure it was about double what it should have sold for with all the accessories.

A lot start out way high and if it sells they are ahead if not its relisted at a lower price until it sells.

on ebay. Next to the search box is a teeny tiny advanced choice. Click on it. run down to sold listing which is just below the first search. Click on that and you'll see what stuff really sell for