MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: In-Line 45

Banned

In-Line 45

I promised a castboolits member to post more about this rifle, then got to wrapped up in daily stuff that I nearly forgot.

I bought this rifle as an 18 year old, the rifle was new. It was made by a wonderful gentleman in Ames, Iowa named EE Roberson if my memory is still functioning. I have a receipt for the rifle, somewhere. Memory failed me when looking for it this morning. He made the rifle form parts in his shop, he worked out of his house as a locksmith and gunsmith.

It is a in-line of his own design. The receiver is made up from several old rifle parts, the hammer and trigger he took from a revolver. It has a captive coil main spring like a Ruger Blackhawk.
    The nipple threads into a larger threaded sleave that served to hold the barrel and receiver together. He made all the stock from scratch. The length of pull and stock angle is perfect, making the rifle a real pleasure to shoot. The stock is attached to the barrel with several 6-40 screws. The trigger guard spans both stock pieces and must be removed for proper cleaning. For that reason I have not fired the rifle in many, many years. It is just to difficult to clean without causing wear to the screws.

It wears a set of Redfield sights, and the rear sight needs to be disassembled for cleaning also. Blackpowder crud gets into everything.
    Sadly, the rifle is not marked in any way.

Mr. Roberson was a fascinating man and he loved to talk about the old days, this was in 1967/68. He was in his 70's then so he had the experience to back up the stories. I learned a lot from him, though not enough.

Ken

FYI: the bottom rifle is a .40 caliber Turner Kirkland.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7374.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	251233

Name:	IMG_7386.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	251234

Name:	IMG_7382.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	251235

Moderator Emeritus

Very nice. Always something to see what folks could do. Thanks.