Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Rem 592 centerfire project

Boolit Master

Rem 592 centerfire project

Well I stumbled into a 592 barreled action recently. I want to convert to centerfire and 32ACP. I cannot find the drawings I saved,many years ago, for when I found a donor. Does anyone still have the conversion sketches and willing to share? It has no trigger or stock, but shoot, it was 50$! Ever notice you find things when you aren't looking. I was hanging out in a sporting goods store when a fellow dropped it off for another customer. Seems the guy needed an extractor, guy would only sell the whole thing. So, we split it no to find a trigger, any chance 788 triggers work? Think I will just make the stock from scratch, will be fun. Now that I got that Beretta 81, it needs a shootin buddy.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    IIRC the trigger for the 788 and 580 series are the same. Had both years ago.

Boolit Master
    here's my 580 conversion thread with a few pix:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ht=pumpkin+gun

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the info on the 788 trigger, I thought I remembered that but, well CRS and all. I read thru the thread again, cool project. I need to get going on this as my access to equipment may be short, hoping to retire sooner than later. This 591 has a different bolt front end than the 580, no effect as I think I am going to just fab a new front end. Still would love to find the bolt head details.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos