WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK if patches are a little big?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAGS View Post
    I made up a bellows to blow down the barrel and have seen guys use a peice of plastic tubing to blow down the barrel without putting your face near the muzzle.
    Is that legal in competition to use those type of devices?
    a neoprene tube, such as used for BPCR fouling control blow tubing, is not allowed at my club shoots for blowing down the barrel, unfortunately. just one more thing to protect dumb people at the expense of those with at least a smattering of common sense.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    a neoprene tube, such as used for BPCR fouling control blow tubing, is not allowed at my club shoots for blowing down the barrel, unfortunately. just one more thing to protect dumb people at the expense of those with at least a smattering of common sense.
    Yeah (another slant maybe)
    I got tapped on the shoulder in Queensland several years ago - our SSAA (takes the lead from NMLRA on rules) - - blew down the barrel as I always had done tomake dsure the vent was clear- before I loaded a fouler charge in the safety area with my flinter----there he was "First and last warning - do it again and you pack your gear and go home (900mile drive from a one week shoot) this guy is noted for yelling at stupid people doing stupid things but he did this quiet and unobtrusive (because of the flint gun I think) so I said ok whats the story we both know why I do this - he says mate there are people here with cameras that dont know $hite about this and if they get a picture of you with the muzzle in your mouth it will be on the front page of every paper in the country and we will all be in a lot of trouble - such is life I guess

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGS View Post
    I made up a bellows to blow down the barrel and have seen guys use a peice of plastic tubing to blow down the barrel without putting your face near the muzzle.
    Is that legal in competition to use those type of devices?
    I would doubt it in my country but dont know - some of these things are still open to interpretation to some extent - how do we read what was wrote?

Case in point --we are required to load powder from a separate measure not direct from the horn - my interpretation (until I get expelled from a range) is to use a separate measure that is charged from the powder horn - cap the horn - pour measure down bore - most shooters at the range use little plastic pill bottles with their measured charges in (different interpretation of what was wrote!) - usually a bunch of them loose in a plastic container on the bench - I am not arguing who is the most or least safe I just detest those little plastic vials and will resist the beauracracy to the end

Where is this at your side of the water?

Boolit Master
    The range I go to has 4 benches just for ML's.
    They don't let you load at your bench.
    They have a bench behind the benches where they want you to load your guns and leave your powder on the back bench.
    Then you have to prime or install your primer at the forward bench.
    I comply with what they want if there are other shooters there.
    But when I am alone I fudge a little.
    The 4 ML benches are way down at one end of the range , so we don't Smoke out the other shooters.
    The other range I go to down south has no range officers.
    So people do what ever they want.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by indian joe View Post
    Yeah (another slant maybe)
    I got tapped on the shoulder in Queensland several years ago - our SSAA (takes the lead from NMLRA on rules) - - blew down the barrel as I always had done tomake dsure the vent was clear- before I loaded a fouler charge in the safety area with my flinter----there he was "First and last warning - do it again and you pack your gear and go home (900mile drive from a one week shoot) this guy is noted for yelling at stupid people doing stupid things but he did this quiet and unobtrusive (because of the flint gun I think) so I said ok whats the story we both know why I do this - he says mate there are people here with cameras that dont know $hite about this and if they get a picture of you with the muzzle in your mouth it will be on the front page of every paper in the country and we will all be in a lot of trouble - such is life I guess
    such is life in the new millennium, and how the new world is going down down the tubes by pandering to the stupid at the expense of those with clear common sense.

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=LAGS;4765865]The range I go to has 4 benches just for ML's.
    They don't let you load at your bench.
    They have a bench behind the benches where they want you to load your guns and leave your powder on the back bench.
    Then you have to prime or install your primer at the forward bench.

Thats standard procedure here too - and sensible - it dont take much spilled powder on a flat bench to sustain a flash burn - so no mats or carpet on the loading bench is clever as well.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    such is life in the new millennium, and how the new world is going down down the tubes by pandering to the stupid at the expense of those with clear common sense.
    Makes sense to me (TOO) Ed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123