Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 218 Bee/Martini 12/15

Boolit Buddy

218 Bee/Martini 12/15

I'm having thoughts to purchase a Martini 12/15 and turning it into a 218 Bee for cast bullet shooting.
    Outside of a rebarrel job what else do I need to do?

Probably just a extractor job. I have several Martinis and I bought a couple that were rebarreled but owners never got around to having extractors fitted. With 218 you may luck out if gun is a 310 cadet.

Boolit Buddy
    If it is a rimfire front of breechblock must be lowered to hit center of primer. If is a centerfire firing pin will need to be bushed if smokeless loads are going to be used.

Boolit Master
    The 12/15 is a rimfire conversion and there are several ways this conversion was done, some had the original firing pin ground off and an offset one fitted to accommodate the rimfire cartridge, the most common conversion I have seen was to actually lower the breech block to allow the firing pin to fire rimfire ammo and the top of the frame was then ground off to be level with the breech block. The 12/15 can be converted back to centre fire but it will be much easier to just get a rifle in 310 cadet and have a 218 Bee chambered barrel fitted or perhaps rechamber a Martini in 22Hornet to 218 Bee. Regards Stephen

will need the block converted to CF ,the extractor will need to be opened up ,or find a 310 cadet extractor a bit easier .If you are going to use the 40-45 gr bullets you may rechamber the original barrel(16 twist) /if going to use the longer heavier 50 + GR you will need a 14 and 12 twist is better .If you are going to scope it talley makes a nice base #252 420 that looks clean and use tall rings
    here is one in 22 hornet with the base
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2dd.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	251426