Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: Excellent Zuppa Toscana White Bean Soup

Vendor Sponsor

Excellent Zuppa Toscana White Bean Soup

I use this Alessi brand mix, and I build and add to it for this recipe as the added seasoning intensifies the flavors. So easy, and SO GOOD!

1 Alessi brand Zuppa Toscana White Bean Soup mix
    1lb Italian sausage (your choice hot, sweet, mild).
    3qts. water
    1tsp basil
    1tsp thyme
    1tsp oregano
    1tsp rosemary
    1tsp crushed red pepper
    1tbsp fennel seed
    3 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
    3 bay leaves
    1 can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
    Salt & pepper to taste

In a 4qt stock pot, add water, cannellini beans, and soup mix. Bring to slow boil.

In a cast iron skillet brown sausage, mash into small pieces as it cooks, add all the seasonings and garlic, stir over medium heat until meat is browned and add to pot with beans and soup mix.

Let mixture come to a full boil and cook for 2hrs stirring often. Retrieve and discard bay leaves. Serve with buttered crusty bread.

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Looks great...just the thing for a cold, snowy day. I wondered what I was going to do with those two cans of Cannellini beans sitting in the pantry....
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Banned

Looks good to me!

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Looks great...just the thing for a cold, snowy day. I wondered what I was going to do with those two cans of Cannellini beans sitting in the pantry....
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    You could use both cans in this recipe if you wanted to, or simply get two bags of soup mix and make another batch to use the second can of beans.. This is good stuff, I am sure you wouldn't get any arguments out of those who partake in the first batch!!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I'm a great fan of homemade soups, especially in the wintertime. This one (your recipe) looks especially good. Other favorites are Cream of Potato and Leek, Red Beans and Rice, Creamy Cauliflower and Leek, but I got them out of cookbooks, and can't claim them as my own. Hope I can find the Alessi mix in the store.

Vendor Sponsor

Bump!

Making this again today, used a can of Navy Beans instead of the Cannellini Beans, same taste, quicker cooking..

Serving with some of my yeasted sourdough bread & butter.

Thumbs up

Doug, I ordered the Alessi soup mix last week, got it delivered on Monday, and am cooking the recipe you provided as we speak: It smells delicious! Thanks!
    Last edited by Maven; 01-12-2023 at 07:32 PM.

Smile

Doug, I had a bowl of that soup this evening and really liked it. Thanks for the recipe!

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    Doug, I had a bowl of that soup this evening and really liked it. Thanks for the recipe!
    YW!!

I made it last week thinking I would freeze a bowl or two haha fat chance.. It tasted even better the 2nd day and by day 3 there wasn't enough left to freeze!