MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My name is mike....and i'm a reload-a-holic :-(

Boolit Grand Master

I'm a member!!! Not just reloading but scrounging brass and lead too!

Boolit Bub
    Quitings easy, duh I've quit like about 2 or 3 thousand time already or maybe more

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Is the ridge far enough that you could crimp over it?

Boolit Bub
    Hey Mike! I ran into similar issues myself when I first messed with bullet casting/coating/loading. The main issues I had was with the Lee 125-2R 6 Cav. No matter how I size it (.355-.356) and whatever OAL I load it to, I have ogive hitting rifling issues in aftermarket Glock barrels. A lot of people switch to the Lee 120gr-TC and that usually solves the issues.

I am currently testing out tumble lubing methods with the 120-TC mold since they work so well. I just want to see if I can skip the tedious and labor intensive portion of powder coating and sizing all together by tumble lubing the bullets straight from the mold.

Boolit Master

Hello .... my name is kermit and I have a much more severe problem. I reload and shoot competitively. The shooting encourages the first problem . Many consider reloading to be a gateway to shooting and worse yet buying more firearms. You have enteted a forum of shear enablers so there won't be much help here for your problem. But you will get tons of good advice to continue your addiction and do it safely. Once addicted very few beat the addiction and it becomes a lifetime addiction. There is no 10 step program to become clean.
    For your problem I would leave about 1/32" between the ridge and the mouth of the case. That seems to be the most "snag-free" for semi-autos.

Hello, my name is.. .wait.. is that a sale on primers at Powder Valley????
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

I am a reload a holic also but have decided to stop loading for a while(except for experiments or working up a new load or some such). I did a little bit of inventory and while I don't have precise numbers, I expect I can shoot for several months without casting or reloading a single round.
    Plenty of 9mm. Plenty of 38 Special. Lots of 30-06, 308, and 223 ready for next shooting season.
    Not as much 45ACP loaded but I don't shoot it as much anyway.
    Some of that ammo has been loaded up for quite some time ans needs to get used up.
    It is going to take a while since my inventory came up with multiple ammo cans full or nearly so with loaded ammo.
    That doesn't even count the thousands of boolits that are sized and lubed, ready to load.
    YyYess, I ththink I nnnneed to stoppp for a whhile. HHopefulllly the shhshakes will sttttop affffter whwhile......

Boolit Master
    im rob and i can stop anytime.im not a quitter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12