RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Mule Deer Buck With The Lever Action

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABDDCE9F-793F-4811-BFD3-3CC89018667C.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	251286Sir, both your rifle and buck are things of beauty. Check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by shrapnel View Post
    We shot 2 bulls a different time at another location with the 1886 45-70 and shot them through the heart. They jumped, took off running/limping for about 50 feet, then fell over and kicked. Both shots through the heart, both buffalo reacted identically. They both died from the heart shot, although not instantly. When I shot mine with the Sharps, you could see the bullets hitting the dirt on the other side of the buffalo, but there is no way to measure how much harder they hit the dirt than the 405 cast. I use wheel weight alloy for my cast bullets and never checked for hardness, I just hunt with them.

I believe there is a lot more thought and effort put into loading ammunition than really is necessary, as I don't do too many things that people will claim they do to get maximum performance out of their ammo. I believe shooting is more important than most of the rest of the stuff, so I just plan on making good shots with whatever ammunition I have.
    No doubt that we casters have a tendency to over think the process. The wheel weight mix has done the job for me for 45 yrs in hand guns and rifles. My by line pretty much sums it up and it was told to me by one heck of an old rifleman.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12