RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Anyone else on here enjoy a good curry dish?

Cool Anyone else on here enjoy a good curry dish?

We often like to have a curry dish from time to time and I normally keep it pretty simple. I dice 3 chicken breasts into small cubes, rough dice several onions and about 3 sweet peppers, then I stir fry the chicken in a bit of oil with salt, pepper, garlic, and ginger and then put the cooked chicken aside in a bowl. Then I stir fry the onions until translucent and add the peppers. When the onions and peppers are done I add the chicken back into the pan and add one can of coconut milk and curry powder to taste (medium in our case). I put a lid on the wok and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, then add a handful of sliced almonds and a handful of raisins. I give it about another 5 minutes on simmer for the raisins to rehydrate and then serve over a bed of steamed white rice. A big dollop of Mango or Peach Chutney on the side to add a little sweet note and it's dinnertime!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for sharing this! "A hundred years ago" (actually, ~51) I dated a lady who had a curry as her favourite preparation. I still recall the first mouthful as being flavourful, and spice-less. HOWEVER, each subsequent mouthful got hotter, and hotter, and hotter. Be it the curry spice, or ???, one would actually emit dermal moisture (men would perspire as ladies became aglow) from eating it. One of my memories of way back when, your recipe brought it back. Cynthia, though, made her curry just with long grain rice -- none of the goodies as in your recipe added. Even though it became tooooo "hot" to eat, the weirdest thing about it was that it was almost impossible to stop...
    geo

Yes, I tend to make our curries a bit on the milder side heat wise ... the curry can definitely creep up on you if you add a bit too much! As you can see in the photo I sometimes add a few mushrooms too if we have some on hand. All in all it makes a very pleasant change to our regular dinner menu which tends to get a bit repetitive.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    " coconut milk" - yep, that's the magic ingredient. We like Jasmine rice made with coconut milk also.

YUP- Be right over! My wife isn't a fan, but I still make it. I usually 'cheat' and get some 'Trader Joe's stir sauce', a can of chick peas goes in mine too. Over jasmine rice, need to make it this week?
    Later, hc18flyer

Boolit Master
    Great way to eat goat. Wonder how curried deer would be?