Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first LEE equipment problem

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    Many years (50+) of heavy duty including commercial casting/reloading has kept my bench free of cheap equip. made from inferior materials, just saying.
    IN the late '60s, when I had an 06 FFL, I didn't have any Lee equipment. I understand the need there. But there's no need to denigrate another man's purchasing decisions based on your needs. You could have just said: Many years... I have found using inexpensive equipment doesn't save time or money. But you couldn't help yourself, you had to bash it again (cheap, inferior). Just saying.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNapper View Post
    I called LEE this afternoon. They're sending me a replacement shell holder. They agreed that it was probably a loner that got mis-stamped since they haven't had a rash of complaints. As for the bullet seating die, LEE said they'd replace it if I sent it back, but I made a couple passes over it with a die and it now threads in pretty easily. The threads looked perfect before and after, and I didn't see anything glaring when I put the micrometer on it. Unlike 'mdi', I'm limited to a pair of reading glasses and a flat bastard when it comes to machining. Thankfully they had a large set of dies at the shop.

I hope y'all don't think I'm bad mouthing LEE for this. Yes, things fall through the cracks. And I'm past the age where I'd want to pony up the big bucks for top shelf equipment, so I'm very pleased with their stuff. Red is definitely becoming the dominant color on my bench.
    I am glad the phone call did the trick. More than a couple of us suggested doing that, as we have had good results from doing so & now you have as well.

The experiences I have had with Lee in the very few times I have had issues with something, they took care of it promptly & politely. I have other reloading mnfrs equipt. ( RCBS, LYMAN, DILLON, etc.) as well & all have been prompt & polite too.

It is usually just a matter of politely explaining the issue & receiving a polite assist in return.

Sometimes stuff happens regardless of the manf..
    They have "Mondays where they do not want to be at work", as well as "Fridays where they can't wait to get out of there.", just like most everywhere else.

Regardless...Hopefully you won't have to call anyone about such things in the future.

Enjoy!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Another positive for Lee ! Yay !
    45 years loading, I have used Pacific, RCBS, Lyman, Lee dies. I have 25+ sets Lee now.
    One sizing die wasn't polished ....... at all ! Figures it was a 50 Beowulf. Lee had me send it back for polishing (they didn't have one to send at that time)
    As I have said on other threads, I consider Lee equip about 90 +% engineered, that's why they are inexpensive, once in a while - oops.
    Sometimes, like the Auto Drum, ya gotta do some sanding, polishing, etc. Then works great.
    For the price, not a problem.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Banned

Many years (50+) of heavy duty including commercial casting/reloading has kept my bench free of cheap equip. made from inferior materials, just saying.
    lee uses cheap and inferior materials? i didn't realize that. i sure do appreciate the head's up, and i'll be sure to avoid all lee offerings in the future. better see if i can unload all this cheap lee junk i've been buying and using for about 45 years. gee the internet is swell, so helpful and caring. thanx MT, yer a lifesaver!

Boolit Master
    Had a lee shell holder for 308 worked with all my brass till I bought some lapur they wouldn't fit got another one no problem but I can't see any difference in the holders.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    If your bench is like an add for Lee than you are in for a lot more problems going forward.
    My benches are an add for Lee too. If it wasnt for lee i wouldnt be reloading. It works fine.

Boolit Master
    If your bench is like an add for Lee than you are in for a lot more problems going forward.
    I have lots of Lee equipment 2 presses and lots of dies and other items I would buy again , I have a lot of brands that do what I need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12