Load DataWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: 6.5 Creedmoor to 22-250 Rem AI

6.5 Creedmoor to 22-250 Rem AI

today at the range while I was fire forming brass for my 22-250 Rem. AI there was a large pile of 6.5 Creedmoor brass landed next to me. I could not help but notice it looks very close to my brass , so it fallowed me home. I can not find a picture with all of the detention's of the 6.5 Creedmoor, but just by looking at it I think it could be reformed by necking it down in the sizer die. may be some neck turning. like making 25-06 out of 270 Win. pictures with all the detention's would help, or as any one tried this, or is the any problem I am not seeing for this to work?

I tried running 2 cases through the sizing die, and made to balloon in the case neck and pushed in in to the case. I have no .243 Win dies to have a middle step. So I guess I am not out much for trying.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    No problem doing it

I’m sure someone would trade some 22-250 brass for that 6.5 brass. I neck 30-06 straight down to 25-06 but it was designed to be that way. I’d be wary of thick case necks doing what you mention IMO.

Banned

I understand you can fireform 22-250 Ackley Improved from 22-250. How much 22-250 are you looking for?

If you had Lee Dies their tapered expander would expand the necks ok.
    I used some 6.5 brass to neck down to 250 Savage. Need some trimming.
    In researching this conversion I found that the 6.5 is very close to the case dimensions of the 250 Savage AI. The main difference was the 6.5 case is about .008 longer.
    You can find the cartridge dimensions by doing a Google search.
    You may find that the dimensions for the 22-250 RCBS Imp very close. I think the RCBS Imp has a sharper shoulder angle than the AI version.
    Leo
    Leo

Boolit Buddy
    I have tried 2 cases to see how it will work. As mentioned above the 6.5 is just a tad longer than a 250 Sav. case.

I don't think you would want to use a 243 in the sizing process as then the neck would need expanded to .257.

My first step was to full length size in a 308 Win. sizer. Then use a full length 250 Sav. sizer. Job done.

Oh by the way I trimmed the case to 250 Sav. length before starting the sizing process.

It worked fine for me.